44: i know this is quick but..

Lisa's POV

"Do you wanna spend the rest of your life with me?"

"Umm... no no that sounded commanding."

"I want to wake up to a million more sunrises with you."

"Aishh... that is really cheesy."

"I like your last name. Can i have it?"

"Oh my god that was way worse than the last."

I muttered feverishly to myself as i paced back and forth the side of the pond, rehearsing what to say later on. This was crazy i didn't understand how everyone else got through the anxiety of proposing to someone. Part of me knew that Jennie wouldn't possibly reject me but yet my heart didn't stop its palpitations. There were just so many possibilities and ways things could go wrong. What if she felt like she wasn't ready? What if my proposal was too simple and she felt disappointed?

I sighed and opened the ring box, revealing a pair of shiny and beautifully engraved engagement rings.

"Oh i can't do this." I groaned, shutting the box and walking over to sit on the bench.

I was at Pyeongchang Park nearby our hotel. There were a few people here mostly elderly and pet owners taking a stroll, the weather was breezy and cooling. The trees swayed joyously and the park was green and litter-free. Pyeongchang was the definition of a small utopia. The crime rates were low to none at all, people were nice and friendly, the atmosphere was lively and positive vibes radiate everywhere. It was a good idea to stay here.

I had told Jennie that i was going for a morning jog and luckily she didn't insist to follow me since she was tired out and sore from last night. Admittedly, i had put in extra effort to drain all her energy so that this morning could happen.

"You seem bothered."

I looked up in surprise as i recognized the voice that greeted me.

"Mina?"

The youthful woman whom i haven't seen since the Taehyung incident stood before me. She seemed to be glowing much more than the last time i had met her and she smiled radiantly at me.

"What are you doing here? I mean, hi, wow its such a coincidence seeing you here, how have you been doing?" I asked, slightly at a loss of what to say.

Mina just laughed lightly and sat herself down on the bench beside me.

"I'm doing great, thanks for asking. My friend recommended me this place and i have to say i really like it here. I took a time off to fix myself... reevaluate some things, and now i feel better than i've ever been. Anyway, I was surprised to see you here too. Where's Jennie? Why are you here alone?" She asked curiously.

I sighed. "She's at the hotel. I'm kind of uhh.. about to propose to her later. But right now im freaking out because im afraid that things wouldn't go as planned." I confessed.

Mina gasped and clapped her hands in delight. "Wow really? That's amazing. Congratulations in advance! Don't worry too much Lisa, as much as i don't know both of you well to say a lot, but i can tell that your relationship is pure and both of you love each other very much. And that's all there is to it right? Just gather up your courage and do it man! Most importantly be yourself. You don't have to stress about saying some fancy dialogue that can be compared to a Romeo and Juliet skit. I'm pretty sure all girls just want to hear something that is sincere and true. I'll be rooting for you right here in Pyeongchang."

Hearing Mina's words of encouragement and advice, i felt much more confident and certain. She almost even made me feel silly about worrying so much.