20: forget me

Jennie's POV

11:12PM

I sat down on the foot of the steps infront of a closed candy shop. It was the nearest place i could settle down with little to almost no people around. The snowflakes continued drifting down from the sky peacefully. It was serene, almost peaceful. Except there was a raging war in my mind.

I put on my brown leather jacket. It was cold outside. Not that it mattered ofcourse, if i froze to death out here. I sighed and a misty cloud escaped my mouth disappearing into the air. I had stopped sobbing on my way here, i used up every drop of my tears over that woman, whom i still couldn't accept was nothing more than just a colleague.

Surely there was something more between us that was unspoken of. Or i couldn't have fell for her so fast and hard in just one day. Even right now after knowing that everything was just a lie, i crave for her presence. Is that normal? Or was i just going insane?

I ran my fingers through my hair wishing the ground would open up and swallow me in a gulp. In just a few hours or minutes, and i don't even know the time right now, i would forget everything. And i didn't even know if it was a good thing or bad. I would be back to normal with my boyfriend whom i think is Taehyung, and Lisa would just be a normal colleague in my memory whom would have never crossed my mind to have shared such a deep connection with me. Normal. I would be living that lie from then on. I wiped an incoming tear from my eye. Damn, those just keep coming.

"I'm sorry." i mumbled into her back sniffling softly. She smelled so good.

"Hey. Hey it's okay, i'm fine." She said reassuringly, pulling me away gently so that i can face her. "Look. I'm strong!" She pretended to flex infront of the mirror grinning foolishly.

I started chuckling a little while wiping away my tears. "Yahh~ you pabo."

"There we go. That's my Jennie. Don't ever let me see you cry again except for tears of joy arasso?"  She said soothingly while cupping my face with both her hands and smiled, waiting for my answer.

A few drops of tears landed in the pile of snow beneath my boots, this time i didnt bother wiping my eyes.

I stared at my pair of black boots, they were wool on the inside and they kept my feet warm. Lisa had bought them for me when we were at the flea market.

~~

"Over here nini!" Lisa called out motioning me to come forward. I walked over to where she was and i saw that she was holding up a pair of black winter boots.

"What?" I asked confusedly looking at her eager face.

"Try this on, see if it fits." Lisa said, plopping the boots on my hands.

The boots weren't exactly my style and i didn't understand why she wanted me to wear them. She could buy it for herself if she likes it so much?

"I don't want to, they don't suit my clothes." I said pushing the boots back to her.

She frowned. Then to my surprise she knelt down and swiftly took one of my leg and took off my shoe, then she fitted the boots to my feet snugly, they were just the right size.

Lisa beamed as she saw that it was a perfect fit.

I was about to complain that i didn't want the boots when she spoke.

"These look good on you. You're going to need them because its very cold here, look its got wool on the inside, they're soft and comfortable! And it'll keep your feet warm all day. Your shoes aren't enough in this weather." Lisa said as she took the boots to the cashier without waiting for my reply.