Truth comes out?

Today was really fun spending time with the girls and all that and right now I am waiting for Maxon to come and get me. It's around 10. Kinda late but who cares.
He told me that he wants to take me somewhere. There's a knock on the door and I greet him with a huge huge and he kisses my forehead .
He leads me to staircase after staircase and we end up on the top of the palace. The view from the roof is amazing and he has set up a picnic. I love it and I really appreciate him putting so much effort to make me happy. I realise that this is the time to tell him about Aspen. Aspen has been trying to talk to me and convince me that I was wrong.
Maxon notices something is off and asks me what's wrong . " you remember I told you that I broke up with a guy before the selection?  Well he has been posted in the palace as a guard and he has been trying to convince me that I  am wrong and that there is no way I would fit in here and all sorts of things." I tell him and a few tears leak through my eyes as I know that Aspen is partly right.
Maxon quickly wraps his arms around me and stays like that until my tears stop and I feel right at home in his arms. Once he pulls back he cups my face in his hands and tells me that he would post Aspen in one of the other royal residence and that Aspen was jealous and was lying about me not being able  to fit in here.

" you know what Ames? " he asks.
"What?" I reply.
"Amongst all the girls here I think you would make the best Queen. Most of them are here only for the title, fame and money but you are not one of them." I can't help smiling and hugging him tightly and he returns the gesture kissing my forehead.
"You know tomorrow I am going to announce the ELITE it's gonna be only 10 of you from tomorrow. "
I nod into his chest I know I am supposed to be nervous but I have a feeling that everything will be alright.
Xxxxx
Sooo only 1 more chapter and then selection is done. Any suggestions or requests for Elite?
💙💙💙