America's POV

Yesterday was a mess. I finally broke up with Aspen and let's just say it wasn't pretty. He kept trying to convince me that I was wrong and everything would eventually work out.
Today the announcement for the selection was made and mom has been asking me to sign up. I don't mind signing up because I am sure I won't be chosen, even if I am there is not a single chance I'll make it through an hour forget the ONE.
May is super excited for me. She would make a good royal it is a pity she is only 13. Every soul has been waiting for Prince Maxon Schreave. All the girls are super excited and I don't blame them, the chances of becoming the future Queen doesn't come every day and for a bonus the Prince is pretty good looking but he acts so stiff on camera that one would think he was from abnegation (see what I did there).
We are going to submit the application forms for the selection right now. My mom put me in the prettiest dress I own and dolls me up with makeup as they will take our pictures. I smile brightly at the camera as I think about my new found freedom, no more binds. I didn't want to be a part of the selection because if I become Queen I might burn down the kingdom.
I am just over thinking all this it is not like I will be picked. Not when there are thousands of girls out there in the competition .
Xxxx