Chapter Two

'So.. Why are you here? Like, what happened to your parents?' Kenzie asked.

It was 11pm, we were supposed to be asleep but neither of us were. It was my first night so I guess we just wanted to get to know each other.

'You sure you want to know?' I asked.

She nodded her head looking nervous.

'Well, uhh.. My my parents split up after my sister killed herself.. My dads in jail because he beat up my mum. My mums still alive and well but I- umm.. I became a burden and so she put me in here'

'A burden? How?'

I groaned and rolled over. It was too soon to tell this girl all of my secrets.

'It's pretty late and I don't really want to talk about it. Goodnight Kenzie'

'Don't shut me out. Come on, you can trust me, I promise'.

At first I was hesitant but then decided to open up to her.

'She found out I was cutting myself'

A tear ran down Kenzie's face.

'I knew something was up with you' she said with a weak smile.

'What do you mean?'

'You smile with your mouth, not with your eyes. I just knew that something was wrong. Thank you for trusting me Nat'

I smiled.

Shit

I was falling for this girl.

She came over and kissed me again. She instantly gave me butterflies. I cupped her face in my hands and tried to deepen the kiss but she pulled away with a smirk.

'See you in the morning'

She walked back over to her own bed and was asleep within minutes.

I laid awake thinking about my family.. well no, not my family. My 5 year old sister Ruby. I wonder if I'll ever see her again.. I hope she doesn't find out why I got sent away. I don't want her to ever be exposed to wonderful world of depression.

I flicked my light on and stared at my wrist. I trace over the fading lines with my finger.

Who would of thought that six little lines could mess up everything. Those six lines that are on my arm are what got me sent away.

I started thinking about everything.. My old school, my old friends, my family.. My thoughts were literally destroying me. The urge to cut was get bigger by the second. Eventually I couldn't help but to cry.

'Turn the light off!' Kenzie groaned as she through a pillow across the room which landed in the end of my bed.

'Sorry' I said weakly.

'What's wrong?' She asked, still sounding tired.

'Nothing. Go to sleep' I replied holding back tears.

'I'm too tired to argue with you but you're telling me what's wrong in the an morning. Goodnight' she said and blew me a kiss

I turned off the light and smiled.

I laid there for what felt like forever until finally I was allowed to get up and get ready for school. We're not allowed out of our rooms until 6:00.

I don't sleep easy, I haven't been able to since my older sister killed herself.

Insomnia?

Maybe..