Chapter Thirty

'I want to be with you' Kenzie said shamelessly as we walked back home.
'You live in a completely different country' I pointed out.
'I moved.. I'm living with my aunty who lives here in LA. I want to be with you Natalie. I moved here so I could be closer to you. I love you. I never didn't love you and seeing as we never broke up I'm hoping we can just pick up where we left off because I miss you and I love you and with your permission I would like to kiss you now' she said all in one breath.
'You have my permission' I said with a smile.
~~~
'Demi! I want a dog!' I announced as soon as I walked through the front door, holding Kenzie's hand.
'A dog?' Kenz asked sounding confused.
'Yes. A dog. You know, that four legged animal that's says woof? Yeah. One of those. I want a dog'
'Why the fuck do you want a dog?' Marisa asked sounding amused.
'I don't know. I just want one. I want it to be little and I want it to be cute and I want it to stay cute and little forever and I don't know why but I really want a fucking dog so can you ask Demi if we can go get a dog? Please please please?'
'Nat calm down baby' Demi said and handed me a glass of water.
'Calm down? Why? I'm not mad. I was sad before but now I'm great and I really want a dog so can we get one?'
'Natalie you're being really weird..' Kenzie hesitantly said
'Maybe but Demi can we all go for a walk or something? Please?'
'I thought you wanted to get a dog..' Demi said sounding really confused
'Maybe I was confused. I think I actually want a bird or a fish or a cat or maybe I just really want a rabbit. I'm actually really tired now'
'Nat can you please tell me what's wrong?!' Demi asked and followed me upstairs.
'I think I'm over tired!' I yelled and then entered a laughing fit.
'Sleep. Now' Demi demanded.
'Can we get a lizard first?'
'Baby just go to sleep and them when you wake up you can decide whether or not you want a dog or a lizard'
Demi kissed my head and then left my room.

I don't know what was wrong with me.
Maybe the brownie I took off that homeless guy on the street was drugged or something...
I'm kidding.
I didn't eat a brownie.
Me?
Eat?
You're dreaming.
But really, I didn't know what was wrong with me.
I wasn't high. And I wasn't drunk.
Maybe this is what it's like to be happy?
Who the fuck knows.
Are any of us really, truly happy or are we just pretending?
What is happiness? I don't even know anymore. It's been years since I felt it.
Sad, aye?
Anyway, I'm supposed to be sleeping.
Goodnight.

--------------------------