Chapter Fourty

It's been a week since the incident with Demi. I haven't seen or heard from her.

@NattttLovato: Sometimes the people you love aren't who you think they are.. 😔💔

'Do you miss her?' Kenzie's aunt Kelly asked me.

'I'm not sure.' I said truthfully.

I understand that she loves Wilmer but the truth is, he's a murderer and rapist and I HATE knowing my daughter is living under the same rood as him.

Sure, Sky is 'legally' Demi and Wilmer's daughter but at the end of the fucking day, I gave birth to her. I'm her mother and no legal documents can change that.

Just as I was about to have a shower my phone buzzed.

Maybe Demi has finally gotten over herself. Maybe Demi misses me..

Wrong.

It was an article about me and Demi on E! News' website.

'Has Demi Lovato disowned her adopted daughter?

The popstar tweeted a selfie roughly a month ago with boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama and who we all knew best as Sky, saying 'Spending the day with my one true love and his beautiful daughter. #PerfectLife #DreamFamily'

We all knew Sky as Demi's now sixteen year old (adopted) daughters daughter and now it seems that the father of that adorable little two year old has been revealed.. Mr    Valderrama.

The couple (Demi and Wilmer) were seen just hours ago, as well as several times last week with Sky but never with Natalie.

We must ask this question; Where is miss Natalie Lovato? Has Demi disowned and abandoned her first daughter?'

'Oh fantastic' I said and chucked Kenzie my phone so she could read it.

'Tell them you're being held captive by mermaids' Kenzie said with a laugh.

@NattttLovato: You wanna know where I am? Don't tell anyone but mermaids are holding me captive.. #LifeIsBetterUnderTheSea  🌊🐙🐠    

'Kenz?'

'Yeah baby girl?'

'I miss Marisa.. I can't believe Wilmer killed her. How could he kill her? She was Demi best friend! She was more of a mum to me then Demi was at some stages. I miss Marisa and I miss Sky and I miss the old Demi.. Wilmer messed everything up' I sobbed

'Hi Demi.. Come in. She's in Kenzie's room'

Demi? What?

'Natalie' she cried and hugged me.

'Get off me..' I said and stood up.

'I believe you. I saw the gun.. He threatened to shoot Sky' she cried.

'Leave him Demi! Tell the police!' I yelled

'Please forgive me for not believing you' she sobbed.

'It's not that easy' I told her but hugged her anyway.

'I miss you Nat' she said and kissed my head.

'I don't believe you' I said.

It was true. I didn't believe her. I don't believe anything she ever said to me.

All the times she told me she loved me, that it would get better, every time she said she'd be there for me.. I don't believe any of it.

She ruined every ounce of trust I ever had towards her and replaced it with heart ache and speckles of hatred.

She hurt me.. I was hurt by the person who I thought would never hurt me. I trusted her and she let me down.

But everyone does.

Everyone leaves.

No one really cares enough to stick around.. It's juts how it is.

I kinda guess I was hoping this time would be different.

But it wasn't.    

Maybe this is how things are just supposed to be.

---------------------------