Chapter Fourty-One

Wilmer's locked up. For good this time.

He finally confessed to murdering Marisa.

He got locked up two months ago but I only just moved back in with Demi and Sky and Sky has been put back under my name. She's my baby again.. I'm happy about that.

~~~

Demi's sad.

No.. Sad is an understatement.

Demi's broken.

She thinks she's to blame for Marisa's death.

She keeps saying that if she didn't get back with Wilmer nothing would have happened but I have to disagree.

Wilmer would have done anything to have Demi all to herself.

Even if I meant killing her best friend.

~~~

Demi's got a concert tonight. I don't know how she's going to cope.

I'm excited though. So is Sky.

Demi's concerts are always fun.

---------------------------

'The next song I'm going to sing means a lot to Natalie. I don't know if any of you remember but she actually called her dog this but then changed it because someone very special to us thought it was a weird name for a dog.. This song goes out to Natalie and her dog' Demi said with a laugh and started singing Lightweight.

'Mommy dog called Warrior' Sky said, sounding confused.

'Mummy called Warrior Lightweight first' I said and kissed her head.

'That's such a stupid name for a dog' Sky said with her little cute laugh.

That's what Marisa said.. That's exactly what Marisa said..

'Lightweight is such a stupid name for a dog' Marisa said when Demi and I told her about the dog.

'I know' I said and bursted out laughing along side with Demi.

'I think it's necessary that you know it was 5 in the morning when she named it' Demi pointed out.

'Why weren't you two asleep?'

'Sleep is for the weak' Demi said with wink.

Let's just say, I miss Mar a lot.

I drew my attention back to Demi. She was now sitting on a stool with tears in her eyes.

'This next song was originally about a friend of mine. Then it was about my dad.. Now, tonight, it's about a very very dear friend of mine. She was actually the love of my life. And some asshole killed her. My best friend Marisa is no longer with us.. She's my Nightingale. I know she's looking out for us.. I know she's watching over us.. I know she knows how I felt. This song is dedicated to my darling Marisa.'

'MarMar dead?' Sky asked me with tears in her eyes.

'Yeah baby.. MarMar's dead but she's looking after us' I told her and kissed her head again. 'Marisa will protect us forever' I said more to myself than to Sky.

I started thinking about all the times I had with Marisa.

Marisa was so much more than Demi's girlfriend. Marisa was like a sister to me.

I remember the first time we met like it was yesterday. I was so fucking scared.

'Mar, this is Nat!' Demi said excitedly.