Chapter Twenty-Eight

'How'd you go?' Demi asked sweetly once Kate let me leave the integration room.

'I'm tired and I want to go home'

'I think we all want to go home' Demi said gesturing to a sleeping Marisa.

~~~

'He's in jail and I have a restraining order against her' I said once we got home.

'Who? Wilmer and Kathrin?' Demi asked, sounding confused.

You see, whenever I'm in a shitty mood I never put things I'm context. If you ask me a question whilst I'm in a bad mood I won't answer straight away and when I do, it won't be in context.

'Yep. She's isn't aloud anywhere near me or Sky'

'How are you feeling?'

'Relived' I sighed.

'Hey Nat who was that little girl that was with you mum today?' Marisa asked as she walked into the kitchen.

'My little sister' I said sadly.

'She's cute' Marisa said happily.

I sighed and looked back down at my phone.

'Not as cute as you though baby girl' Demi said and squeezed my cheeks. I guess she sensed my annoyance.

'What do you want to do for your birthday?' Demi suddenly asked me.

'When is it?' Marisa asked sounding guilty for not knowing.

'Three days. My littler fourteen year old will be my beautiful little fifteen year old' Demi cooed and squeezed my cheeks again.

'I just want to watch movies and cuddle all day' I said with a smile.

'No party?' Marisa asked.

'No fucking way. I hate birthday parties. Please do no even thing about it' I said in all seriousness.

When I turned seven my parents threw me a birthday party and it ended with my sisters friends all making out on the jumping castle.

It was gross. I didn't need to see that at seven years old.

That was the first time I was exposed to guy on guy behaviour and it was the last time my dad was actually nice to me.

Birthday parties just aren't my thing. They never end well and I just hate them.

'Movies and cuddles? I think that can be arranged' Demi said with a smile.

-------------------------