Chapter Eighteen

'You're so fat. Don't even think about eating dinner'

'Scarlet will leave you soon enough. She doesn't love you. She's with you out of sympathy'

'Kill yourself you worthless fat ass'

'Where do you think Marisa is? She left because she couldn't deal with seeing your ugly face everyday'

'No one likes you. Cut yourself'

I checked my phone and saw I had a message.

From: 083-652-509

I hope you know my whole family hates you. You stole Demi from us. Demi used to visit us once a month until you came along. I haven't seen her in ages and it's all your fault. My mum and dad hate you, so does Dallas.

Do us all a favour and leave Demi alone. She doesn't even like you. She's just too nice to say anything.

I wish Demi never adopted you. Our lives would be so much better if you didn't exist.

Lots of love~ Maddie

Well that certainly hurt. I didn't mean to come between Demi and her family. In fact, I really wanted to be part of it.

I carefully removed Scarlet's arms from around my waist and went to bathroom.

I stuck two fingers down my throat to make sure there wasn't anything in my stomach. Luckily, there wasn't. Nothing but blood and stomach acid came up. It burned my throat but it was all worth it, but I knew I wasn't done.

I went over the sink and went through the cupboard in search of my blade, or a new shaver.

As soon as I got my hands on one, I started cutting.

One cut 'deeper'

Second cut 'deeper'

Another cut 'deeper'

There was so much blood but I didn't care.

I kept cutting until there was no room left on my right wrist. I was no where near done so I switched to my left and continued where I left off until someone grabbed the blade out of my hand and threw it across the room.

'Natalie!' Scarlet screamed. 'Baby, what are you doing to yourself! Why are you doing this!' She cried

'I needed to feel something.. I needed to stop the voices..'

'Why didn't you wake me up? Why didn't you talk to Demi? Why didn't you call Marisa? We all want to help you but we can't help if you don't talk!'

'I'm sorry' I said as a single tear fell down my cheek.

'Demi!' Scarlet cried 'I need you!' She screamed

'Why are you so worried?' I asked 'I've done worse' I added

'Natalie, stop talking. There is so much blood. I've never seen so much in my life! I'm surprised your still conscious!'

I look at my wrist and couldn't help but gasp.

I was wrong. I hadn't done worse. This was by far the worse I have ever done.

Both wrists were covered in deep gashes and were covered in blood.

'DEMI!!!' Scarlet screamed again.

'I love you so much Natalie' she sobbed whilst dapping my wrists with a towel.

'What's up buttercup?' Demi chirped as she walked up the stairs.

'Demi' Scarlet sobbed 'Come to the bathroom' she called

'Holly shit!' Demi yelled as soon as she saw me. 'What the fuck did you do?' She asked and ran to get the phone.

'The ambulance is on their way' she said and sat down next to me.

She took my left wrist and started dabbing it with a second towel.

'Why did you do this?' Demi asked in between sobs

'They wouldn't leave me alone' I said, knowing Demi knew exactly who 'they' were.

'Demi' I said quietly

'Yes baby?'

'I'm getting dizzy' I replied.

'Fight through it babe. Keep your eyes open. The paramedics are on their way'

'We love you Natalie' Scarlet cried. 'I really wish you came to me instead of doing this..' She sighed and kissed my hand. 'I love you' she said again.

I don't remember anything else.

I guess I died, or passed out. Either is fine.

-------------------------