Chapter Nineteen

'I don't know what to do' I heard Scarlet say

'I mean, I love her. I love her a lot and I know she loves me too but you know what they say; you can only love someone as much as you love yourself. Natalie doesn't love herself at all. She has no love to give. I want to put our relationship on hold.. Just until she gets better'

'You're giving up on her?' Marisa asked.

I was happy Marisa was here. I missed her, wherever she was.

'Of course not. I'm still going to be here for her. Forever and always. I'll always love her.. I just don't think I can be her girlfriend right now'

'She needs you' Demi said sadly.

'I know. And I need her as well. But she needs to be healthy and happy for us to have a real relationship. I love her with all my heart but look at her. Look what she did to herself. She can't love me when she doesn't even love herself. I'm giving her all the love I have and yet I'm left sitting here in a hospital room looking at my beautiful girlfriend laying lifeless in a bed with tubes and wires connected to her. My love and support obviously isn't enough for her and I don't know what to do'

That hurt. A lot. I wanted to hold her so bad but for some reason, I couldn't move. Or speak.

Scarlet was right, I was lifeless.

🎶'What would I do without her smart mouth?

Drawing me in and kicking me out.

She's got my head spinning, no kidding, I can't pin her down'🎶 Demi sang.

I missed Demi's singing. She hasn't sung for me in ages.

🎶'What's going on in her beautiful mind?

I'm on her magical, mystery rid.

And I'm so dizzy, don't know what hit me, but I'll be alright.🎶

Scarlet had a voice of an angel. I loved when she sang. And her singing with Demi made it so much better.

🎶'My heads under water but I'm breathing fine.

She's crazy and I'm out of my mind.'🎶

They finished the song, both in tears, as well as Marisa. I wanted to cry as well but I couldn't. I couldn't do anything.

'Dem, look' Marisa said. 'When you guys were singing her heart rate sped up'

'Is she waking up?' Scarlet asked

'I think she already is awake. It's probably just taking some time for her to get all her strength back'

I felt someone take my hand and squeeze it.

'Baby if you can hear me, squeeze my hand' Scarlet said, hope filled her voice.

I slightly squeezed her hand and she let out a weep.

'Guys she's awake. She squeezed my hand!' Scarlet chirped and kissed my hand.

'Nat, baby, open your eyes gorgeous. I miss your blue eyes' Demi said and gently ran her fingers through my hair.

'She's been in a coma for three weeks. She's not just going to open her eyes after only just gaining back awareness of voices and sounds'

'Do you mean hearing?' Scarlet asked in her sassy voice which I love hearing.

Demi chuckled at Scarlet comment.

They seemed really close and that made me happy.

I liked knowing my mum likes my girlfriend.