Chapter 14

17

"Don't forget to call him Lie when you deliver the message" Johnny repeats, he had been making a blindfolded Taeyong repeat the message that he was supposed to give to Taeil for the past 5 minutes as he tugged on random parts of Taeyong's clothing before carefully hiding a tiny tracking device/microphone behind one of the buttons on his grey button up.

They were in the van on their way to Taeyong's apartment and as they got to a far enough distance away Johnny took away the blindfold from Taeyong's coffee colored eyes and Ten looks into the rear view mirror back at them to try and find even a hint of hesitance or fear in Taeyong, the younger knew that if there was any it could mean the other was up to something and it would likely not be good for Ten, Titan or the rest of the gang but to Ten's confused relief he saw not a hint of hesitance in the red haired boy.

Taeyong looked into the rear view mirror, his coffee colored eyes meeting Ten's grey ones in the glass and he nods ever so lightly before Johnny let him out of the van.

"We'll be in the alley when it gets dark" Ten reminds as the redhead steps out of the van, Taeyong sticks his hand back into the van in the form of a thumbs up before retracting it and forcefully closing the door behind him. He begins walking off in the direction of the dance studio.

Johnny instantly moves up to the front passenger seat of the van and fidgets with his fingers. Ten reaches over and pulls his hands apart "That's a bad habit Johnny, it's going to be fine Taeyong is going to get through to him"

"How do you know that" Johnny asks he looked up slowly from his lap, his hands now limply laying on his thighs as he made eye contact with his leader "How do you know Taeyong is even going to try"

"I just do" Ten says cryptically as he drove back off towards their home so they could monitor Taeyong in the tech room, there was a certain knowing glint in the leader's steel eyes that Johnny didn't bother to question.

Taeyong entered the dance studio and grins at his teacher who returned the smile of greeting after spotting his dongsaeng in the mirror.

"Hey Tae! Long time no see, how was your performance with BigBang? I'm still bummed I had to miss it." Taeil says cheerfully as he turned to look Taeyong in the eye. Taeyong noted where the elder's eyes paused as he reflexively looked around the room and he carefully concluded that there were no blind spots to the cameras watching Taeil here.

"Long time no see Taeil hyungie" Taeyong responds with a smile "the performance was awesome, it was really great getting to work with GD Sunbae and the others again. How about we talk about it more when we go for our ramen after practice?"

Taeil nods with a smile oblivious to the actual plan as he begins the practice.

Practice soon ends and the pair of sweaty boys were walking to the convenience store to get their ramen while chatting about the concert and the new dances.

Johnny was getting more and more antsy as time went on, he wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans as he growled impatiently "Why hasn't he done it yet? He's had so many opportunities to say it but he's just talking about those stupid dance moves and meaningless concert"

Ten placed a hand around Johnny's elbow and tugs him back down so he was sitting and not putting so much strain on the pair of earbuds the two were sharing to listen to the conversations that Taeyong's mic/tracker was picking up on. "Be patient Johnny, he still has 45 minutes" Ten says lowly as he listens carefully to the conversation through his earbud.

Taeyong glances at the clock and noted that he only had a half an hour left before he had to go back to his apartment "Hey Lie Hyung?" He asks.

Taeil looked up from his ramen, noodles still hanging out of his mouth as he tried not to choke. He simply nods slowly as he can't admonish the younger for using the nickname with his mouth full but his eyes prickled at the sound of the old pet name none the less.