Chapter 26

17

4

Ten sighed ever so softly as he reviewed the words he had bulleted on a sheet of milky lined paper from the night before over his meager breakfast of scrambled eggs coupled with a pair of golden brown slices of generously buttered toast.

The name of His King was scrawled neatly across the top, two smaller names were nestled beneath it atop the two emergency contact numbers he had found on Taeyong's government profile.

Once the mob boss was done with his meal he pulled himself up and out of his chair and cleaned his dishes. He placed them away and brought his paper to the techroom where he had to knock aggressively once he found that the door was being held closed by an internal weight leaning against it.

He sighed and ran a hand through his lightly tousled hair as he listens to the quiet shuffling of the two techies as they straightened themselves out to greet their leader.

The door was pulled open by the pair of flushed, rumpled, and swollen lipped, brown haired boys who looked rather embarrassed to have been caught by their leader.

Ten sighed once more "Look you two, I don't care if the pair of you decide to get it on but for god's sake do it in the privacy of your room, the tech room doesn't belong to you and I'd hate to find any stains" the leader huffed and wrinkled his nose at the pair and Yuta hid himself behind his love, his face a bright crimson, similar to that of the blinking red lights of the technology behind himself.

Winwin snickers lightly "We hear ya loud and clear boss, what can we do for you?" he ruffles his hair with a free hand, taming it a little as he leaves his other hand intertwined with Yuta's behind his back.

Ten offers a small smile of peace to lessen the obvious tension in the room "I need you two to find this couple for me, I need to get in contact with them as soon as possible" he offers the paper he had been reviewing at breakfast to the techies.

Winwin takes the paper and looks at it with a frown "These names aren't affiliated with any gangs in the area, they look like normal citizens" he looks up with a skeptical eyebrow raised "What the hell do you want with a pair of citizens old enough to be your parents"

"I can fill you in after you find them for me" Ten responds coldly, obviously not in the mood for being questioned all of a sudden. He turns on his heels and marches himself out of the room with Titan loyally padding along on his heels.

The disheveled boss then makes his way to the hall that held his and Taeyong's rooms, there was one final suite of rooms in this area which he was off to prepare for his future guests, as Taeyong's guardians for his young life they were to be treated well until proven they shouldn't be.

Not long later the mob boss could be found supplying the shower and bath with various soaps and placing clean white sheets over the plush mattress.

That was precisely what happened, the two techies had gone to report to the boss in his office but found the door to the unused suite open and a light shining onto the dark oak floors outside it.

"We found them boss" Yuta calls into the room to interrupt the leader, the techie looked around the room with a frown before looking back to his leader who was approaching them "Who the hell are they that you're doing this yourself?"

"Taeyong's guardians" Ten says not even looking at the techies as he snatched the papers they had brought for him out of Winwin's hands.

"What could they do to help us find him?" Yuta asks slightly exasperated.

"They raised him" Ten huffs, exasperated himself "They'd know everything about him from age 11 through age 20"

Winwin resigns himself to his leader's odd logic with a soft sigh and a nod "When should we expect to go collect them"

"I'll let you know" Ten says still reading the papers as he goes mobile, he dismisses the two with a wave and heads to his office without so much as a look as he takes in the details of the couple and the updated phone number.

Without a second thought he punches the number into his phone and holds it to his ear, after a few skeptical rings the phone is picked up and a deep voice crackles through the receiver "Hello?"

Ten smiles lightly glad to hear a response "Hello" he greets as he sits back in his chair "Is this the residence of Mr. Lee Boseok and Mrs. Hyorin?"

"It is..."

"Good, I'm calling in regards to your son-"