Chapter 20 - Myth Busters

We arrived at school shortly after ten minutes which gives us 45 minutes, to find the dolls and get out of there. By then we had walked up the steps and we open the door but it’s locked.

“Hold on” Andrealle tells us.

She pulls a bobby pin out of her hair and inserts it into the key hole. After some jigging we get in. I close the door and we walk down the dark hallways. Akemi pulls three torches out of her bags and chucks one to us.

We turn them on and find the stairs. We walk up the stairs quietly until we get to the third level. I search for the bathroom and find it. The three of us open the door with Andrealle’s magic bobby pin and change in each of the cubicles. I pull my jeans off and wear some black jeans. Removing my boots and tying up my black converse. I pull my top over my head and wear a black shirt and a black hoodie.

I walk out to see Andrealle applying black lipstick on her lips and applying some on Akemi’s lips. I walk out and she starts attacking my lips with her black lip gloss. I paint her nails while she single handily apply the black zinc on my face, leaving 3 black stripes. She tells us to tie our hair and wear our black beanies.

“Ready?” I ask

“Ready then ever” Akemi grins

“Let’s do this”

“I’ll synchronize my watch to 7:00pm. We have 40 minutes left.” I tell them.

We pack our things making sure we left nothing behind. We put our black backpack on and run to the other side of the senior building. We find the sacred room and use the bobby pin again to pick the lock and open the door. We tiptoe inside and turn on our torches and start to check the area.

You know that paranoia when you’re in the dark and you feel like you’ve seen something but it’s just an object. Yeah that’s what happened. It was like we all took turns screaming and then one would ask why and then the other person would shine the light only to see a table or something. We all laugh after that.

“Shh….” Akemi tells us

“What is-” Andrealle’s mouth is covered.

“Look” Kemi points to the window.

The three of us walk to the window on our knees and see cars turning up. What are people coming to school in the middle of the night?  I watch closely and then I see my brother’s tall dark figure.

“What” Akemi mutters.

“The” Andrealle continues

“Fiddlesticks” and I finish the sentence.

Akemi asks me what the time is and I tell her its 6:30. They’re half an hour early. We start to panic but as usual Akemi is calm.

“The window” she points

“If we do, we won’t be able to get into the room”

“If the window is further from the room, then count me in” Andrealle states

The two of them jump out the window; I hear voices and end up joining them. We all hide behind individual garbage cans. In fact we get inside them and open the lid a little bit to look through the tiny gap of the window, Akemi had opened for us.

By then, the door opens and I see Precious walk in, then Luke, Zach, Hailey, Ben, Bailey and JJ. They all walking, wearing their normal clothes. That’s when I see the robes on the cloak hanger. How come I didn’t see it before?

They all put it on and I see that it looks like something Dracula would wear. The robe is black and the collar sticks up. I notice that the inside of the cloak, is the colour of the rings that we stole. They all sit down in their seats and I see Precious stand up.