Chapter 30 - Confessions of a womanizer

Saturday 23rd of August

It’s been a week since I have stayed with Luke’s family. They make me feel welcomed. I’ve told Mrs Daniels what happened because I trusted her and she just said that she’d pray that God will open his eyes. They live in a flat with 2 bedrooms and they didn’t expect me to come over so I felt bad that I caused some issues.

Also, I have to hide anytime any of Luke’s girlfriends come over which I think is the right thing to do. So far, my brother has rang their house and asked if I was there. When Karen came over, they lied but I let Ashley and Zach know. They would come and bring me some food like Cornflakes and a pillow. My dad doesn’t know where I am and I’m glad.

Right now I’m wearing a dark pink blazer with a dark blue singlet. I’m wearing ripped jeans and a converse. I’m wearing a love necklace and a pink watch. I’m also carrying a bag and some big sunglasses. I walk out and I see Luke at the door.

“Where are you going?”

“Out”

“Jamie” he says

“I’m going to the Rose Gardens Café” I tell him

“Why…” he asks

“I’ll tell you on the way, if you drive me there” I promise him

“Hang on” he motions. He walks into his parents’ bedroom and comes back with car keys.

“Did you ask?”

“Does it matter” he shrugs

I get out of the house and he opens the car. I get in and away we go. We arrive at the place shortly in 20 minutes since Luke was speeding. I hop out and we enter the arch and through the main hall. Mr Frenchie (the French dude from last time) asked me if I made a reservation and I told him to put it under Monsieur Collings tab. I know bad but hey, if the guy can buy another Ferrari, I think this would be nothing to him.

He lets us in and we started walking up the treacherous steps. Luke wasn’t even showing a sign of tire. After that long journey we entered the garden. I scanned the room and there I saw Karen and Xavier. They were sitting in the middle. I dragged Liam who was somewhat fascinated by the place to a table that was two tables down.

We sat a small white round table with a red tablecloth. There was a small vase which was full of white roses. I sat down and waited for the waitress to come. She came up with a pen and paper and asked for what we liked to order.

I ordered jam and blueberry croissants with tea whilst Luke ordered a Shepard’s pie, biscuits and some sparkling pink lemonade bottle. As we waited, I looked around to see Karen still there.

“Ok detective Brookes, why are we here?” Luke asks

“I got a text from that man that he wanted to meet with my step-mother” I tell him

“How did you get his number?” Luke wonders

“I told him that I had two phone numbers so one was Karen’s and the other was my mine” I explain

“And we’re here to what?”

“To hear what they are saying” I say obviously

“Didn’t your mummy ever tell you that eavesdropping on other people’s conversation is bad” he teased but I wasn’t smiling.

“Sorry, forgot” he apologized

“It’s ok” I wave it off

Our order came and while I was eating my croissant, Luke was murdering his pie. I was on my second one when I heard moaning. I look to him and I see him eating my croissants.