Chapter 1 - Jamie's World

Monday 27th of January [~ Above: Jamie Brookes ~ ]

# I wake up in the morning feeling like P-Diddy#

I stop the alarm on my phone and yawn. Then I sit up and scratch the back of my head, then yawn again then stretch my arms and then fall back into my comfy bed to sleep. I love Ke$ha as you can see and I love how she can really relate to a teenagers even though she's in her mid-twenties. I'm not saying she's old but whatever. My mum bursts into the room and tells me to get out of bed and if not I'll be walking to school. I forgot. Today's Monday. The first day of school.......Yay!

I got out of bed grudgingly and placed my foot into my yellow fuzzy slippers. I walked into the bathroom and locked the door. I start my day by brushing my toothpaste with Colgate. As I brush my teeth, I'm thinking how on earth does Ke$ha wake up feeling like P-Diddy. Is that even a real feeling. I really don't understand that. Does she mean, feeling rich because he is a millionaire or so I heard. After brushing my teeth. I got into the shower and scrubbed myself clean. Then I ran into my bedroom (with my towel of course). I mean who does that? Actually that's not a good idea. You'd be surprised what people do these days. I carefully lay my uniform on my bed. I then look at it then put it on. I have to wear a long sleeved white shirt with navy blue skirt. Then I have to wear a blue vest and a navy blue tie. I also have to wear knee high white socks and black shoes.

I walked over to my dressing table and sat down. I looked at my mirror and tied my brown hair into a pony tail and put my glasses on. I then applied lip balm to my lips. Cherry flavour, mmm..... After checking how I look, I walked across my room, picked my school bag and left my room. I jogged downstairs to see my mum cooking breakfast. She placed two plates on the table. One for my sister Ashley my sister who's the youngest of the family and my brother Zach who is the oldest and I'm in the middle. They both took their plates and sat down. I waited patiently for mine because that's what a good girl does right. I folded my arms on the table and my mum turns around with a raised eyebrow.

"Can I help you" she asks

"I was waiting for my breakfast"

"Can't you cook your own food" she snaps

"You prepared breakfast for Ellie and Zach. I was wondering where my mine is"

"You're 15! You should be able to prepare breakfast"

"I'm sorry. I thought it was your job, since you're my mother" I muttered under my breath

"Jamie. I am sick of your rude behaviour." she yelled

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it"

"Save the pathetic excuse for your father" Listening to her made me so angry.

"Well, I'm sick of your cruel behaviour" I yelled at her and I covered my mouth. I can't believe I said that

"You can walk to school"

She tells my brother and sister to hurry up and that she'll be waiting in the car. It was going to happen sooner or later. You're probably wondering why my "mum's" so rude to me is. Just so you know, she's not my mum. My biological mum died from cancer when I was five so my dad wanted a female figure in my life. So he married Karen and from the minute I set my baby brown eyes on her, I knew my life was in grave danger. You see, she happened to have a son....Zach and having an older brother is cool until his mother threatens him that if he plays with me, she'll confiscate his action figures ...more like dolls. She also had a daughter who is the same age as me. So a year later, they had gotten married. Where am I going with this? Simple. My so called mum never liked me. I prefer step-mother but since I never really knew my mother, I have to call her mum. She treated me badly every time when Dad wasn't there. She never liked me. I don't know why and as you see from this morning's fiasco...it clearly proves it.