Chapter 6 - Love is in the LAIR?

Friday  14th of February

Ahh.....Valentine's Day. The day couples display how much they love each other. Through flower to gifts to speeches to outings to hugs and to kisses and right now I'm trying not to spew my milk because I'm eating cornflakes. The fact that my dad can kiss Karen in front of me with Zach and Ashley right here. Please let there be something to pull them apart. Yes I am a hopeless romantic but I am not a fan of PDA. For those who don't know what PDA stands for, it stands for Public Displayof Affection. The bell rings and I rush to open the door. I see Ben standing outside my door and I also see JJ as well.

"Save. Me." I plead

"We were going to drive you to school anyways" JJ shrugged

"Thank. YOU" I was on my knees

I grab my school back and quickly pour some cornflakes in a medium-sized sandwich bag. I fill the medium-sized sandwich bag to the top and seal it.

"Bye Dad" I call over.

I hear footsteps as I leave the house. I see Zach behind me.

"You're taking me with you!" Zach called out

I already see Jade in the car and she was listening to music. When she saw me, she waved. We get in the car and Ben decides to drive down the street and I hear Ashley scream my name. I look behind her and she's calling my name and waving her hands above her head.

"Just leave her Jamie" Zach grabs a hold of my head and faces it to the front

"Ben, please turn around"

"Sure but you owe me" Ben reminded me

"Of course" I said sarcastically

We turn around and I see that Ashley is on the ground. I call out her name. She comes running and then Zach tells Ben to drive a bit further, each time she comes closer. I told the both of them to knock it off and Ashley get in the car but I have to lap her.  I pulled the seatbelt over the both of us and off we went to school.

When the car stopped in front of the school, my sister got out of the car and I followed her right after. I saw Ashley run up the stairs and she was gushing to her friends about how she got to ride with the senior guys with her sister and her best friend Jade. Then one of her snotty friends asked her 'when did your sister and her friend become cool enough to hang out with them'. Ashley couldn't say anything and she looked at me and apologized before saying.

"I know right. It's more of a pity ride. She saw my brother and begged for them to take her and of course I wouldn't miss this opportunity to ride with THE senior boys of Ambrose High. It's like an opportunity that you can't miss" she said rudely

Then her friends started giggling in their high tones and my sister was laughing with them and they shared air hugs and air kisses. What is the world coming to? Who gives air hugs and kisses. Actually I already know the answer.

Note to self. 1. Never ever give her a ride to school once I learn how to drive and 2. Listen to Zach next time when he says leave her.

"You're sister is popular too" Ben asked

"And so is your brother?" Ben asked again

"Wow, it must have skipped you" JJ chuckled and he got a punch from me

As much as I felt good about that, it's true. No matter where we go even on our first day of school, Zach and Ashley will always be picked to be popular. The only difference is that Zach is not up himself but Ashley she's going through a phase (at least that's what I like to think). Right now she has to be vicious in order to be accepted.