Chapter 4 - Just ONE ride!

Tuesday 28th of January [Ben's car]

It's Tuesday morning and I wake up to the sound of water. I sit up and I find Jade not in my bed. I rub my eyes and I feel my hand around the table until I feel my glasses case. I put it on and I look outside my window to see it dark blue. I check my ph and it's 4 in the morning. I pull my legs onto the edge of the bed and let my feet feel the soft carpet. I wear my bathrobe and open the door and at the same time, I see Jade with a towel wrapped around her. She told me that she's an early bird. I trudge into the bathroom and do my daily bathroom rituals. By the time I came back to my room, Jade was already dressed in her school uniform.  She excused me and I started to change, once I heard the door close. I changed into my uniform and tie my hair into a ponytail.  I grab my school bag off the floor and lock the door with my necklace key.

I then tiptoe downstairs so that I don't wake anyone up. Then I see Jade in the fridge helping herself to some orange juice and passes me a juice box. We go outside and then close the front door quietly and we run down the road. Jade thought that we had plenty of time to kill so she wanted to go to the little cafe that's a few blocks away. The both of us walked to the Georgia's Cafe. I pushed open the doors and I saw Georgia sitting on a stool. She seems to be preoccupied because she was writing something in her notebook.

"Hey Georgia" we greeted

"Jaime, Jade. How delightful it is to see you. How's my favourite girls"

"Good" I answered

"Meh" Jade shrugged

"Would you like your usual" she asked

"As usual" Jade answered

We sat down and just waited. I liked having tea with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Jade liked coffee with toasted cheese. A few minutes later and Georgia came with plates and our drinks. I blew my tea and ate my sandwiches.

Georgia is an Old Italian woman who opened her shop when her husband, Eduardo died. Her husband was her world and I attended his funeral when I was 11. He was like a grandad to me. She did everything to please him and when he was gone, she decided to do something that would help other people. So Georgia decided to open a coffee shop and help serve other people. She thinks a drink is changing someone's lives.

"You're looking for employees" I asked

"Yes...I'm so old and I can't do most things or work most of the days. So I'm looking for people who can fill in for me" she explained

I ran back to Jade who was eating her cheesy sandwich.

"Guess what. Georgia is looking for employees"

"And..." she asked

"I want to work there"

"Good for you" she sipped her coffee

"You want to work with me" I asked hopefully

"What do I need the money for?" she asked

"I don't know. I'm sure, you have something in mind"

"Fine, I'll work with you. But if I quit, you let me be." she warns me

I was listening to her because I was so happy. I ran back to Georgia and told her that we are willing to work for her and she said she'll put us on the list. Then she wanted to show us how around her cafe. Jade and I stood up as she showed us around the back corner where the chefs usually do the cooking. She then told us that we'd have to watch the dishes and help out in the kitchen. Georgia opened the back door and I we saw where the dumpster bins were. We walked back to the front and we looked at the coffee machines and where the sugars, salts, coffee beans, tea bags and other hot beverages we kept. She opened the cabinets to see where the cups, plates and trays were. Then I opened the drawers to see where the spoons, forks, knives, sporks and plastic utensils. Then she showed us the employee lounge room where they sit and talk.