Chapter 19 - Plan C: Stealing and Blackmailing

Tuesday 22nd of July

We had no other choice. We needed to get the diary somehow. So far I was able to get Ben’s orange ring which was so easy because I told him that you have to take off all jewellery when preparing a customer’s coffee. I took it out of the tray and slipped into my pocket that night.

Andrealle was able to get JJ’s black ring by testing his masculinity by saying that guys don’t wear jewellery. Akemi was able to get Haley’s by helping her plant trees around the school. Andrealle got Bailey’s through fashion when she brought her jewellery box and they were trying on bracelets and other things. Elle was able to take the ring as Bailey was looking through her box.

Precious and Luke were a real problem because there was nothing that we could do to get them.

 But during Physics since Luke was in Akemi’s class, there was an advantage. They had to do the viscosity of oil experiment and they had to take of any piece of personal belongings such as watches and other things. Like Ben but they didn’t want the oil to rust the metal (a lie made by Kemi in which Luke believed).

So now it was only Precious left. I was going to have to give her an allergic reaction. I know; bad but not a too fatal one. Only mild! I won’t kill her because I need her. Wow, I sound like a murderer or worse a serial killer!

It was an allergy to salsa which I find really weird since she’s Spanish but whatever. My plan was to tip salsa on her hands on purpose and acts as if it was an accident. I overheard Leah, Haley and Bailey talking about how much of a ‘certain something’ Precious is and that they hope she gets rashes from today’s lunch. Also she starts getting nausea when she smells it as well.

So it was the only rational that I’d do that because then she would run to the bathroom to wash it off and she will be in the toilet, probably puking her brains out and I’ll use that as an opportunity to steal the ring.

It was settled. I grabbed my trays with my friends and just like I was hoping Precious had her leg out lazily but I planned to make it look like she tripped me. As I got closer, Akemi gave me a little push and my foot connected with her inch heels and splat!

It goes everywhere all over her shirt, her cashmere sweater, on her skirt and on her chin. It reminds me of a scene in Highschool Musical, where Gabriella accidentally dumps he lasagne on Sharpay’s clothes. Every time when I watch it, I laugh because I picture myself doing that to her and I guess today’s the day. Her piercing scream cuts my thoughts like a knife.

“You little- and the next few words aren’t going to be written.

“I’m really sorry” I apologize and I actually am. I actually intended to get it on her hand not on her entire uniform.

“What is freaking wrong with you. Are you mentally deranged” she screams

“I-I didn’t mean it, I-I guess i-it was m-m-my fault but in all f-fairness your leg was o-out” I stumble on purpose.

“You’d think with glasses it will make you see properly but no. It doesn’t”

By then her minions rush over to her and dab all over her sweater because apparently you dab, not wipe. Leah has wipes cleaning the salsa off of Precious’s face. Bailey is putting water on her serviette and wiping off her skirt and Haley is muttering soothing words. But they’re all smirking; all her friends are trying to supress a giggle.

But it’s too late, she starts getting welts. She runs to the toilets and I run after her, although her friends tell me to leave her.

“It’s my fault” I tell them