Epilogue

Tuesday 16th of December

They say a lot can happen in a space of a day, week, month, two months, so forth and a year, a year after that and you get where I’m coming from.

Well here I am getting some books out of my locker and walking straight to my group. I saw Jade and Ben sitting on a love seat. She was watching some funny videos and Ben was just watching her and smiling. Akemi was on the floor lying down on a pillow and Frankie was sitting beside her. Lenny was in a bean bag. JJ was sitting on another beanbag just listening to music while wearing these massive gold Dr Dre Beats headphones. My brother had brought different bags from McDonalds and a cake box made from the ‘Cheesecake Shop’.

You’re probably wondering how come we’re so close. Well, I’m glad you asked. Since the detention Principal Drinkwater a.k.a. Frankie’s mum. We’ve become pretty close. Seeing each other after school every day even on the weekends were enough to pull us into a tight group. In detention we were pretty much Mr Tyler’s slaves….remember him? The laidback math teacher. We had to mark some of the junior tests because he forgot to do them, wash his car, ran some errands for him, cleaned each and every room in the school and I mean literally with a vacuum, mop, brush and everything. Did I mention we were on cafeteria duty til the end of the year?

Another question you’re wondering is…how are Leah and Lenny? The L & L buddies, the amigos, the…I’ll stop right there because I can’t think of anything else. Well the school decided to not press charges for the sake of their reputation and their parents bidding. So Lenny had to 100 hours of community service which was 4 days straight and four hours. I heard that he offered to clean rubbish around the school grounds, volunteer to help the homeless, find shelter for the stray animals and offering to tutor kids who weren’t able to afford education. In fact he enjoyed it; he was going to continue to open the door of learning til he breathed his last breath.

Leah on the other hand had to do 80 hours (3 days and 8 hours) which she had trouble doing: reading to the elderly was a problem for her, helping adoption agencies and spending a day I childcare services was too much. The worst part was that because she was so unenthusiastic, she had to redo her 80 hours. If that wasn’t worse she had to attend the Sci-Fi convention because according to our principal nothing is worse than a broken promise. It didn’t help that Lenny as payback, posted pictures of their date on FacePage. No one knew the boy had a social network in the first place.

As for Frankie and Lenny, was their friendship repaired? Yes it was but you would occasionally see Lenny glaring at Akemi as if she was the sole reason his best friend’ undivided attention was shifted. I also think he was jealous that he didn’t have one. Frankie and Akemi are going strong for 5 months and she decided to stay in school.

Another relationship starting to bloom is Jade and Ben or Bade. She agreed to be his girlfriend again and Ben insisted they start all over again and not pick up where they left behind. Jade is also making it difficult for him and she says she’s testing how much he really does care about her. Akemi and I have told her to not be too harsh because sometimes you’d seen Ben look like a deflated balloon. I know Jade doesn’t mean to that, she’s just afraid Ben would break her heart again.

Also why are the guys joining us? Since the incident three months ago….. If you have forgotten we had a small episode of Pretty Little Liars during school. They no longer want to stay in that group because of the little dramas in their group. So they brought their own couch and joined us. They even painted it orange and we helped with that. We also wrote our names on the chair to show we were one.

What about the twins? Well…the girls realized that they were being used by Precious and decided to join the girly girl group who sit on the pink couch and just giggle. Their names all ending in ‘y’ or sounding like ‘y’. It’s really weird. There was Stacey, Gracey, Lindsay, Casey, Daisy, Haley, Bailey, JC, Maisey, Misery, Symphony, Leslie, Ashley, Poppy, Susie and Zee-Zee. And they were all each other’s best friends. 8 pairs