Chapter 16 - Let's Gatecrash!

I was in my bedroom and I was packing the clothes I was going to wear to the party. I had also brought some novels, textbooks from school, exercise books, pencil case, pyjamas, toiletries, extra clothes and undergarments as well as my school uniform and shoes. I had told my parents I was staying over at Akemi's house to study because if I tell them I was going to Andrealle to study they wouldn't believe me. Andrealle and study don't go together.

I carried it downstairs with my phone in my pocket. I passed Karen who was watching TV with my dad. I said my byes and my dad got up and hugged me.

"Be safe" he told me.

"I will" I waved and walked out the door.

I saw Andrealle's silver Porsche in the driveway. I put my bag in the boot and jumped inside and she zoomed down the road. It take's half an hour to get to Akemi's house to pick her up. There I see her hugging her mum and her dad. Her sister waved until she got in the car. Then we drove to Andrealle's house which took twenty minutes.

"Though they would never leave" Kemi groaned

"Why" I asked

"They kept reminding me to study my math, my science, English, Spanish, Japanese, Mandarin, Piano, Violin, singing lessons, volleyball, soccer. Everything" she said frustrated

"They are paying a lot of money for you to go to this school" Andrealle reminded her

"I'm on a scholarship but they still keep piling up all this work on me. I have a tight schedule and I barely have time to socialise"

That's why she wanted to go to the party.

"Have you told them" I asked her

"No. I don't want them to feel bad. They never got the education I have and I don't want them to think their efforts are going to waste. I'll suck it up."

"Besides, they love you Akemi. They want what's best for you" Andrealle hugged her even though she was driving.

"Eyes on the road" Kemi and I said simultaneously.

The both of us laugh and we arrived at Andrealle's house. How we survived, I'll never know but we did. Most of the time, it was her changing radio stations, blasting music and texting on her phone. Then she was going on and on about this cute shirt, on her phone that she bought with some chic on the other line and Kemi and I had to remind her to focus. She always brushed it off and told us that nothing bad will happen to us.

Kemi ran out of the car and started kissing the ground. I ended up joining her. I'm glad I made it out alive.

"I understand the term, kissing the ground I walk on. But you don't have to take me seriously" she grinned.

"Ha ha" Kemi rolled her eyes

The three of us walk into her house. She has a mansion. You could say she was the typical rich girl. She had a butler, maid, cook, baby sitter. The only thing she didn't have was a person who waits on her and also she's not a spoilt brat.

We had to take our shoes off, since her mum didn't want us to stain the marble floor. Andrealle complained how her mum spent too much money and that their house gets cleaned twice a week, costing 2 and a half grand. I once suggested that they should clean the house and Andrealle including her mum laughed. They asked me have they seen the size of their house and now that I have, I realize how vain I was.

The house has five levels and there's no way anyone can walk five flights of stairs. You're definitely going to need an elevator. And that's what they did. We stood in the elevator and Andrealle pressed button number 5. To give a brief summarised tour in words. The first level is the living room and kitchen. It leads to the garden and backyard as well as the front door. The second level is her mum’s fashion room where no is allowed to go in. The third level is the gym, the fourth level is the bedrooms and the last level is the home entertainment room (cinema).