Guardian Angel PT.1

Shit I need to get these ideas out before I forget them. I had like 2 in which Jer was hella important and now I can't remember them and dumbass me didn't write them down also another 2 parter, this is more of the background tho 

Jeremy sighed as he walked around the school, tightening his grip around his backpack straps for his life. They were the only things he knew wouldn't change within the years.

He was completely alone at school. Well, not completely alone. He was really close with Rich until something happened and Rich completely dumped him as a friend.

Sometimes Rich would talk to Jeremy to try and catch up but usually midway through the conversation Rich would pull a 180 and Jeremy would always leave with bruises.

Then there was Christine.

Christine to him was like the light to his life at the moment. She always seemed so energized and even when people try to bring her down because of her ADD, she would still fine a way to make it through.

Jeremy wished he had that type of confidence.

Things were okay for him though, as he thought. He still had his mom and dad. They were another saving light for him. Especially his mom. (I breath and live through angst so I'll just let you know now that this won't last long)

~•~

It was a normal day. Jeremy would walk home from school playing on his DS. He would play a good 15 minutes of the game before reaching his house, greeting his parents, and doing the daily tasks they had for him.

It was repetitive but Jeremy didn't mind. He liked it when he knew what was to come next. That way he wouldn't have to overthink his next steps.

...

However, today would completely flip the script and leave him a complete mess.

It all started when it took him a little bit longer to get home. He had been on the phone with his dad and he could hear faint yelling on the other end.

Jeremy instinctively slowed down and tried to listen to who was speaking. He wouldn't hear them well but he figured it would blow over by the time he got home.

Boy was he wrong.

When Jeremy got home, he heard something crash against the door. He jumped and decided that climbing up to his room would be best.

He carefully climbed up the tree next to his window and slid it open, getting in the room successfully.

Closing the window behind him, he quietly went to his door and pressed his ear against it.

He almost immediately regret it...but that didn't stop him from listening anyways.

"Look at him Paul! He's an absolute disgrace to this family and seems like you are too! I can't keep pretending that everything is fine when we practically have a rotting corpse in the house!" His mom was yelling at his dad. He knew they were talking about him.

"You will say no such thing about my son Mayella! He is as perfect as can be and if you can't see that then you don't deserve to call him your son!" His dad.

There was a pause.

"You have no fucking right to take my child away from me Paul. I will teach him how to be a grown man, unlike you." She hissed through the door. "No son of mine will be a fucking loser in this house and if I have to get rid of you to do so I will." Jeremy heard a muffled scream and footsteps coming up the stairs and he panicked, locking the door anda quickly diving under the bed.