Chapter 24: The memory game

May's POV

Today was the day that we were going to the hospital to see if we could regain Alex's memory back. If we are being honest, I was very nervous. Knowing that Alex would not remember me right away stung a little bit. We made our way out to he uber, and I was clinging onto both Jackson and Jimin's arms. Jackson was to my left, and Jimin was to my right.

We approached the car, and I got in after Jackson. as soon as I got in, he grabbed my hand, and whispered in my ear: "Don't worry. Everything will be okay." I nodded, and took a deep breath. Jimin got in, and looked at Jackson and I's hands, and he frowned. I felt bad, and grabbed his hand as well.

We then made our way to the hospital. I could not stop shaking my leg. It got so bad to the point where Jackson had to set his hand on my knee so I could not bounce my leg anymore.

Then......we arrived. My nerves kicked in, and I was about ready to spit up. I still couldn't get over the fact that Alex would not remember who I was, even if it was for a short time. I got out of the car, and I walked inside. I told the nurse who we were there for, and she nodded, taking us to Alex's room. She was sitting up in bed, watching TV.

I opened the door slowly, and Alex looked over at us. I looked back at her.

"Hey Lex.." I said calmly. She looked at me like I was insane. "Uh, I think you have the wrong person, my name is Alex." I nodded, and looked down, and began to speak. "Lex is my nickname for you.." I felt another lump in my throat.

"Oh, Um..." she began to say. "Um, who are you....?"

My heart dropped. Those words obviously sunk in, because I began to silently cry. It wasn't a rough cry, just a gentle, silent shed of tears. Jimin noticed it, and pulled me into his arms from behind, and placed a kiss on my head.

Jungkook's POV

I couldn't stand to be in that room. It hurt enough that she didn't remember any of us, but the fact that she couldn't remember May? That actually made me want to punch the wall again. That, and a lot of us didn't know english very well, so we had to keep our mouths shut. The only ones allowed to speak were Namjoon, Mark, May, BamBam, and Jackson. Once we saw how bad it was, we decided that we should begin by reciting something that meant a lot to her.

"Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them..." May trailed off, and we hoped that Alex would remember. We waited for a while, slowly beginning to lose hope. But then, we heard her say something.

"But you know they're always there." Alex finished. May began to tear up, seeing Alex look at her in shock. "May...?" She asked her. May nodded, rushing over to Alex and giving her a big hug.

"You remember me..." She whimpered. Alex only nodded, having tears herself. We smiled at them both, and then she looked at us.

"Wait, so who are they?" She asked May. She nodded to Namjoon, and he nodded back. He cleared his throat, before rapping his part in Alex's favorite cypher. Her eyes lit up, and I knew that it was working. Once he was finished, Jin began to sing a little bit of Epiphany, which was her favorite song of his. After, Tae stepped up, and sang some of DNA, then Jimin sang some of Serendipity, Yoongi with Seesaw, Hobi with Just Dance, then finally me with Euphoria.

After we were all done with our part, Yugyeom sang his part in Hard Carry, then BamBam with his part in Lullaby, Jinyoung, Youngjae, and JB with a little bit of Never Ever, then finally Mark and Jackson with their parts in Just Right. Once we were all finished, Alex was crying. May rushed to her, and gave her another hug.

May's POV

As soon as the boys all took part in singing their songs, Alex looked like she was back. I was so happy. The boys doing that did make her cry, and I gave her a big hug.

"I finally remember...." She said to us. "How could I ever forget you guys?" I held onto her, and she held onto me. Eventually, the boys all crowded around us, and started a group hug.

We were all very happy Alex had finally remembered who we were. She was my rock. Then, it finally hit me....she didn't know, about the whole attempt.... Once the hug ended, I pulled Namjoon out.

"Should I tell her?" I asked him, beginning to bite my nails. He looked at me, and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Whenever you're ready, May. You can tell her. I'll be there to support you, okay?" He assured, and I nodded.

"Thank you" I gave him a hug, and he hugged back. We entered the room again, and Alex looked at us. "Everything okay?" she asked, and we both nodded.

She nodded back, and was talking with Mark and Jungkook. It was amazing to see her communicating normally again. I was glad she was back.