Chapter 50: Money

May's POV

It was the performance night. I felt horrible for the way I treated Alex. I was up all night crying. I can't believe I did that...I lost my temper, and hurt someone I truly care about.

Cardi was in her dressing room, getting her costume on. I was in mine, getting my costume on, and thinking about everything Alex said to me last night, and it sunk in, deep. It was like someone was stabbing me in the heart a million times.

I was blinking back a waterfall of tears. It stung even more knowing she'd be the only one that wasn't out in the crowd, cheering me on. I was so happy when she got that DM from Ariana, and I'm so proud of her for doing that. Just one win for me, and she just can't handle it...

I walked out of my dressing room, only to spot Cardi with her makeup artist. I went over to my makeup-unnie, and sat down.

I tried hard not to think of Alex. I wouldn't even talk to Jimin or Jackson, I was so upset. I knew I had to shake it off, though. So, I did. I relaxed, and sat there as they did my hair and makeup.

 I relaxed, and sat there as they did my hair and makeup

(Cardi's Outfit)

(May's Outfit)

Once we were both done getting ready, Cardi gave me a wink, and I nodded. We got up, and headed onto stage. I heard fans go wild when they saw Cardi.

I smirked, looking at the VIP seats, seeing everyone but Alex. I saw Jungkook and Mark give me glares. I sighed a bit. I just shook my head, as the music started. Cardi and I started our dance, as she started rapping.

I smiled as I danced, and then, my rap came up. I started rapping the lyrics I wrote out. I watched as fans cheered and screamed.

After my rap ended, Cardi went back to the refrain, rapping. She finished off the song, and blew a kiss to the crowd. I did the same, and spoke into the mic.

"Thank you so much, LA, and thank you, Cardi!" I smiled as we exchanged a hug, and walked off stage.

(May- Girl in orange     Cardi- girl in yellow)

And with that, I went backstage, already seeing videos of the performance. I was sweating, so I grabbed a towel, wiping off my sweat. 

I turned around, only to be approached by an angry Mark. 

"May!! What is WRONG WITH YOU?!" He yelled at me. I backed away from him. I didn't know what to say, so I ran off, crying. I bumped into Jimin, but didn't even bother stopping.

I am such a fuck up.