Chapter 37: Alex's Solo Performance

Alex's POV

May did amazing. That's all I really have to say. She probably did better than me, and I have backup dancers. But nonetheless, she did her part, and so now I have to do mine. I quickly slipped on my outfit, which I loved a lot.

Then, I quickly got my makeup done, and went over to where I'd be entering

Then, I quickly got my makeup done, and went over to where I'd be entering. From there, I walked on, excited for what I was about to show. I've worked hard for this, and I couldn't wait to show what I've been working on.

(Alex is the one who starts it off)

As we all danced, I focused really closely to what I was doing, not wanting to mess it all up. Then, the backup dancers came on, wearing basically what I was wearing, but their colors were switched. That meant that they were wearing white shorts, and a black top, with black Adidas shoes. 

It came to one of the parts I dreaded most, but as I moved, I rolled my ankle. I hissed in pain, thanking the Lord I didn't have a mic on, and continued to dance like nothing happened. It hurt like hell, but I suffered for the fans. Although, I think my ankle might be the size of a pumpkin now. 

Once I was done, I walked offstage, thankful that we wouldn't have to go on right after, because I don't think my ankle could handle it. I went back into my dressing room, and took my shoe and sock off, and saw that my ankle was purple all the way around, and if I tried to wrap my pointer and thumb around it, well, I don't think I even could do that. 

I limped my way over to the mini fridge that each one of us had in our dressing rooms, and pulled out an ice pack in the small little freezer compartment. We kept ice packs so then if we were going to pass out, or if we just wanted to feel cool faster, we'd use the ice packs.

 I then gripped the counter, grabbing some napkins, and wrapped it around the ice pack, before limping to the couch and laying down, putting the injured ankle on a pillow, and layed the ice pack over it, hissing again. I let a deep breath out of my system, and then texted me and May's manager. 

||||

Alex: So, I rolled my ankle

Manager: Are you okay?

Alex: I don't know. It swelled up a lot, and it's purple. I put ice on it tho

Manager: I'm coming to come and check on it. I'm going to bring painkillers as well to help ease the pain.

Alex: okay

||||

I sighed, setting my phone next to me, and looking up at the ceiling. This isn't the first time this has happened to me. I'm actually the Timeless member who gets injured the most. One time, I slipped on a stage we were performing on and got a concussion. 

Had to stay in the dark for a week. This other time I stretched my Trapezia, and I had to stay laying down for 3 days while May and Harper had to feed me and drop water into my mouth. Ah, the memories. 

Finally, I had a knock on my door. I knew it was our manager because of the way the knock sounded. 

"Come in!" I yelled, giving her the okay. The door then opened, and my manager walked into the room, handing me 2 pills, and some tea. I downed the pills, and sipped the tea as my manager looked at my ankle, and tsking a LOT.

"So please remind me again why you didn't stop once you knew you rolled it?" She asked as she gave me a concerned look. 

"I don't need people to worry their butts off about me." I replied. She sighed, standing up. 

"You won't be able to perform until we get to the USA. That means that you won't be performing the rest of today, or tomorrow. You'll also have to use crutches whenever you move around." Our manager told me. My eyes went wide. 

"What? You mean I can't just go out there, and sing or something?!" I yelled. I didn't want to just sit out. It wouldn't be fair to May. 

"I'm sorry, but you know the rules when you're injured." Our manager said, stern with her words. With that, she left. I huffed, leaning back into the couch. I wasn't happy about this at all, I mean, she was basically saying "You can't see your fans". 

I basically spent the rest of my time in that room scrolling through Wattpad, reading people's fanfictions about Timeless, looking at Webtoon, turning on the TV and watching the others perform, not knowing that I'm injured in my dressing room, and going through the Tasty app, looking at recipes and food.

Not too long after, I had a knock at my door. I sighed, not being able to know who it was, since my manager's was quick, and May's was a bit harsh. 

"Come in!" I yelled, but I wasn't expecting who would walk through the door, AT ALL.

"JIMIN?!"