Chapter 28| Puddle of Red

MARIA
9:21 pm; Tuesday- the alleyway

What did he mean, "They know who you are"?!

I backed away from the corpse as a puddle of red flowed out slowly from it. I was shaking from being so traumatized, I couldn't even make out any words.

"Wh-wh-what did he-he mean by that?!" I blubber out. I wasn't sure if I was asking Peter or asking myself.

"I wish I knew, " Peter replied as he too backed up in the direction I was. I turn up to face him like he was the man in charge.

"What do we do? Do we leave him? Do I tell my dad or the Avengers?" I say in almost a plead, I needed answers.

"I-I-I don't know, Maria. We can't take him, we should call the cops anonymously. We should tell the Avengers, though. At least that we found something, " he states. I nod in agreement.

"I'll call the cops once we are far enough away. We can inform the rest of everyone tomorrow."

"Alright... let's get out of here. Hop on my back." I do as he says and climb onto his back and grip his onto his suit. I notice Peter give the corpse of the man one last sad look, with his eyes full of regret.

"He was taking photos of us, " he finally stated calmly. I narrowed my eyebrows in concern.

"Why would he do that?"

"I don't know. He seems to have been his goal though, " he replies, before shooting a web up and swinging us out.

•••••

I skipped- I mean, happily walked through the hallways of my beautiful high school. Why was I in such a good mood, you may ask? Well, Peter and I actually found evidence to help with the TED mission from yesterday night... but none of it seemed to add up. It still didn't make sense, but at least we found something that helped out. It was scary though realizing how close anyone could be from TED. Luckily, I had Peter though.

Speaking of Peter... where even is he?

It was lunchtime, and he wasn't at our table like usual. He said he had 'homework', which was something my dad told me not to believe. I had to tell him about the plans for the mall tonight, according to my dad from what we learned yesterday, TED workers could be at the mall tonight. So instead of them surprising us... we're going to surprise them.

"Tell me you prick, what is it that you do?!"

My happy vibes suddenly drop as I heard outrage from around the corner of the hallway. I stop right before I turned, and leaned my back against the end of the wall. Investigating further, I decided to eavesdrop.

"I know you're hiding something!" I heard some lockers slam. It sounded almost like... Kade's voice?

"Better listen to him, Penis Parker. We wouldn't want any trouble to happen, now would we?" My eyes went wide, not that it was a surprise Flash was with Kade, but it was Peter! The two- if not more- were bullying him, but what did they want?

I peeked my head slightly over to the corner, just so that I could barely see the three. Peter was against the locker, with Kade right nose to nose to him and Flash guarding him on the side. He held Peter's shirt in a twisted knot like he was the thing being slammed against the locker.