New Student.

Jasmine POV

I wake up to the smell of food and my stomach instantly growls. "If you're up, get off of my lap." I look up and see Kade looking down at me. "Huh?" I sit up when I realize I'm laying my head down on his lap.

"Where are we?" A man walks in with two plates, "I'm Lewis, Kade's cousin. You're at my house." He hands me a plate and my eyes widen when I see a fried fish sandwich. My stomach growls again and Lewis laughs, "Go ahead and eat. That's like the fifth time your stomach growled."

I tilt my head to the side, "Fifth? It only growled twice." He shakes his head, "It growled three times while you were sleep." I drop my head in embarrassment and he laughs even harder. "How old are you?" He stops laughing, "Aren't you supposed to introduce yourself before you question someone?"

"I'm Jasmine." I take a bite of my sandwich, "I'm 23, why?" I shrug my shoulders, "Just wondering, I thought you were older than that." His mouth drops and I laugh, "I don't know if I should feel some type way from that." I look over at Kade, "Why are you so quiet?"

He looks at me, "When do I ever talk when you're talking?" I look and pretend like I was thinking, "Whenever you're threatening me." He looks away from me and I laugh. I finish up my food, "Kade, let me talk to you in the kitchen real quick." Kade stands up and looks at me, "Put your shoes on, we're leaving once I'm done talking."

I look down at my feet, "I just noticed I didn't have my shoes on." I put my shoes on and wait for Kade. I wonder what's going on with Kade. He keeps talking about this Devin dude. All I know is that I don't want to make him mad. He threatened his own father meaning he doesn't care who you are if you piss him off. It was pretty obvious that Kade was trying not to get mad, but if you look at his eyes you could tell that it was barely working.

"Jasmine." I want to know who this Devin dude is. "Jasmine." I also want to know will Kade ever play with me again. "Jasmine!" I look up and see Lewis laughing and Kade staring at me with annoyance in his eyes, "What the hell were you thinking about? Let's go." I stand up and walk past both of them, "See you later, Lewis."

He waves as we get in the car. "Didn't you have work today?" We pull out of the driveway, "I called out." I look out the window and think to myself. I'm going to look for this Devin when we go back to school Monday. "Don't even think about going to look for Devin." I look at him with a dumbfounded look, "D-Did you just read my mind?!"

"No, it's all over your face. You're basically telling me what you're going to do." I touch my face and look away from him, "Stop looking at me." I mumble under my breath. "I'm taking you home. Do not come to my house in the morning." I cross my arms, "You don't need to tell me. I wasn't going to come anyway."

After some time we are finally in front of my house. "Are we going to play?" I ask before getting out of the car, "Nope. You kicked my car." My mouth drop, "Because you were ignoring me. You could just let me slide, I won't do it again." He looks at me with his lifeless eyes, "I know you want. Go in the house so I can go home."

I roll my eyes and groan, "Ugh! What was your point in dragging me along with you?! I could have had some fun with somebody else!" I storm off towards my house and slam the door once I step in. I lock the door and groan, "Being in a house by yourself is not the best thing."

Monday

For the first time ever I am excited that today is Monday. I get to find this Devin guy and ask him some questions, "Oh my god, I sound like a nerdy kid who just got a new game."

I brush my teeth and take a shower. Since it's getting a little chilly outside I decided to put on an oversized hoodie with some grey tights. I grab my car keys and walk to my car. It takes me less than twenty minutes to get to school. "If I was a new student where would I go?" I ask myself as I get out of the car.

I walk in the school and go to the office, "Jasmine, what are you doing here?" I turn around and see Principal Hudson, "Hey, Walter." He glares at me, "Stop calling me by my first name. Did you already get in trouble?" I shake my head, "No, I'm looking for someone. He's a new kid."

"He walked out two minutes before you showed up." The receptionist says as she hands Walter some papers, "Get to class and do not harass the new student." I give him a mock salute, "Yes sir." I walk out of the office and take the long way to class.

When I was in seventh grade my dad introduced me to Walter. He said that Walter will be checking up on me every now and then. I don't understand why my dad has someone else watching me. "Jasmine? You're here early." I'm pulled from my thoughts by my history teacher, Mr.Saito, "I am here early. Why is that?" He laughs at my confusion, "I don't know, but you seem to be deep in thought. Are you okay?" I nod my head, "Yeah, I'm okay." I go to sit down at my desk and wait for class to start. 

Kade walks in and I smile at him, "Hey Kade!" He ignores me and walks to his seat. A pout crawls on my lips and I walk over to him, "Are you going to continue to ignore me?" He looks up at me and I flinch back from his stare, "Stop talking to me and go sit down." I go back to my seat and put my face in my hands, "He's really sexy when he talks to me like that, but he's also scary." 

"Okay class, we have a new student." A boy walks in and my eyes widen when he makes eye contact with me. "Hello, my name is Devin. Nice to meet you all." He looks at me once again and winks at me. "Well Devin, you can find a seat anywhere, there are a few open seats." He starts walking towards me and my mouth drop when I realize there is an open seat beside me. "What's your name?" He shows me a bright smile, "Um, Jasmine."

"Didn't I see you at the party Friday night?" I slowly nod my head, "Yeah, but we didn't get to speak to each other." He lets out a soft laugh, "I know right. Kade pulled you away before I could speak to either of you." I refuse to look back at Kade, I feel like he would kill me with just his stare. "Okay class, let's get started." 

90 minutes later class is finally over, "Jasmine, do you mind showing me around the school? We have the same classes and I'm pretty sure the teacher will understand if you show a new student around the school." I don't see why Kade ran away from him, he seems like a nice person, "Yeah, I was going to skip my second period anyway." All of a sudden I feel someone lightly grip the back of my neck, I look up and see Kade glaring at Devin.

"She will be attending her class, but I will be the one showing you around." I look at Devin and see something flash in his eyes. "I see no problem in that, we can catch up on a few things." Kade looks at me and lightly push me in the direction of my next class. I touch the back of my neck as I walk to class, "I'm getting more and more curious by the second."

Titus Knight

"Your son came to my house Saturday." I look up at Lewis and back at my work, "He really is your son, maybe even scarier than you." I sit back in my chair, "I might have to agree on that with you, he even threatened me. He's highly pissed that he can't know the new people we're dealing with. You didn't give him any hints, did you?" He shakes his head, "No, I didn't, but he was really trying to get me to tell him."

"He brought some girl in here with him. She didn't say one word, she just listened. Who is she? Is she a girlfriend?" He sits down in front of my desk, "Her name is Jasmine and she is in deep shit along with your son."

I arch my eyebrow in confusion, "What do you mean?" He pulls out his phone and laughs, "If you had just told your son that the deal was off between Devin and his dad this wouldn't have had happened." He holds his phone up in my face and my eyes widen, "Why the hell would he do that?!"