First BFF

Jimin ran and ran till he couldn't hear Namjoon's voice anymore. He was scared that he might have had destroyed his friendship with Namjoon. What he said wasn't a lie but then again he had just met him. A lot can go wrong from here. What if Namjoon doesn't like him? What if it get awkward now? What if he looses his friends or brother? Worst case.. What if his parents get to know about this?

"Ouch! watch where you- JIMIN?
Are you okay? I am so sorry!"

Jimin looked up from the floor to find Hoseok with a worried expression. In all the running, he didn't see Hobi coming out of the dance class and into the corridor.

"Jimin?! Hey are you okay?" Hoseok asked.

"Yeah yeah I-..aa I am fine hyung."

"Let me see if you have any injuries." Hoseok started checking his limbs for anything. "By the way why are you running?"

Jimin had no answer. He was still thinking about what happened earlier. Thinking about it, his eyes started to well up. He fucked up. He fucked up big time.

"Hey Jimin what's wrong?why are you crying?are you hurt?......God tell me!"

Jimin shook his head and started crying with more force. Hoseok picked him and took him into the empty dance class and closed the door.

"Shh...shh Jimin tell me please......I can't see my friend crying."

"I am not worth-worth being you-ur friend." Jimin hicupped.

"Come here you dumpling!" Hoseok pulled him into a hug and gently patted his back. Once he felt that the latter wasn't crying he continued.

"So mind telling me?"

"I don't want to. You will be ashamed of me!"

"You are my friend Jimin, I could never be ashamed of you. When we became friends, we accepted everything about each other too. Take your time but talk it out."

Jimin looked into Hoseok's eyes. Like his name he saw hope and warmth in them. Calming down after several minutes he began telling about what had happened. Hoseok listened patiently as he slowly ran his hands up and down Jimin's back. 

"Now tell me hyung..how am I supposed to face him?"

"Oh Jimin sweetheart! It is actually nothing to be embarrassed about. Anyone can have a crush-"

"But-"

"But what Minnie? It is okay. Tell you what....if it helps I will tell you about Yoongi and I and then you will now how important it was for you to speak your heart and mind."

Hoseok started telling his story to Jimin. Jimin was under the impression that their relationship was only few months old but they had been together since forever. At twelve they knew they were more than friends and the moment Yoongi turned thirteen, he and Hoseok were a thing.

"I, like you, thought Jin hyung would hate me if he knew about my feelings. Before that we met at business parties normally but Yoongi is Jin's first younger brother and he was so protective over him that for a long time I would avoid him. I would be rude, run away, ditch him if we made plans or anything. I never returned his calls. There were times he would specifically come to play with me at the Kim's mansion and I would reject him. This continued until Mr.Min passed away when Yoongi was hardly ten. I wanted to help but-"

"But?"

"But he hated me. He didn't want to see me. Yoongi spent all his time writing songs or playing piano. He was falling into depression and we were so scared.......I tried to comfort him but he shouted at me saying that he doesn't want my fake sympathy. You know it hurts so bad......that the person you adore hates you. But I still didn't say anything until Yoongi cried and confessed to Jin. The next thing I know was Jin hyung giving me a lecture and asking me talk to him. I was so scared but secretly happy that Jin hyung approves of me. But you know I prioritised hyung and not Yoongi. That was my mistake..... I should have spoken to him and then thought of hyung."

Hoseok suddenly stopped and look at his phone. The love of his life smiling back at him.

"He went to Daegu before I could say a thing

"He went to Daegu before I could say a thing. For three months he was gone. Namjoon and Jin told me to call him but now he ignored them. His mother told Aunt Kim that he's doing better and they would come back soon. Honestly... I was over the moon but even after his return he stayed away until I finally gave him all the letters that I wrote in those three months and tokd him all about my feelings. I was expecting a slap or something but instead he reciprocated those feelings. His smile My God! He smiled for the first time that day. Everyday I think about the same thing- if I had spoken up before, he wouldn't go through depression. Our stories are different Jimin but the problem is same. We are too scared thinking what might happen in the future and for that we destroy our present. I can say that Joon-ah won't fall into depression but what about you? Can you stand that one day he will go away while all you can do is regret. So what if your parents don't like him- it's your life. In a decade, do you not want to see yourself happy and contented?"

Jimin looked down at his fingers. Namjoon wasn't just the problem. His parents rejected everything he ever liked- his art, his dance, his singing, his love for football. They only cared if he was fit for business....if he was acceptable in their society as an ideal son....as an emotionless and dreamless asset. He had a long way to go.

"I don't know hyung. It has been only an hour since we became friends and I don't want to loose him."

"Talk to him when you feel comfortable okay?"

"Yeah."

"Well then.. I will practice some moves now. You can stay if you want."

Hoseok started practicing after playing Youth by Troye Sivan. He danced and Jimin just admired him but when he himself joined him- he doesn't know. They danced and danced.

"Knock knock!" someone spoke.

"Babe!" Hobi greeted as he saw Yoongi there.

"Yoongi hyung!" Jimin greeted.

"If you remember we have to go back now. C'mon pack up!"

"I will just lock this room and go return the keys. You both stay here."

They both packed while Yoongi waited. Hobi then went away.

"You are really lucky hyung!"

"Umm...Thanks! But why?" a confused Yoongi replied.

"Hoseok hyung is an amazing boyfriend."

"I agree." Yoongi then turned to Jimin and continued-

"Jimin it isn't just luck. It is also by choice. Fate and luck solely don't get us anywhere. You need to give some input too. In our case I chose to accept him and he chose me. It wasn't luck alone-"

He walked closer to Jimin and spoke in a low voice-

"You have the power to make choices too. To change how things go. I agree those choices will bring problems but you need to learn to tackle them. Life ain't a fairytale. Talk to him...okay?"

"Yes hyung." Jimin smiled before they all finally left.