First Fightback

Not beta read.

........

The news of Jungkook's selection had already reached the house of the Kims, so Yeri invited everyone to their place for dinner. Even the Jungs were invited. Jungkook wasn't too confident about all this because he had just got a letter but he still didn't know if the selectors will take him in tomorrow. What if they just call him in and then ask him to try better next year? What if there are no scholarships left for him? What if the teams don't pick him for their youth teams? A lot was going on in his mind but when he saw the great gathering of people around him, he felt a little more pressured.

All these people here happy for me but what if I-

"Thinking something?"

"Oh...god! Tae you scared me."

"Wine?" Tae asked, handing him a glass but Jungkook refused shaking his head.

"You seem tense baby."

"Cause I am." Jungkook tried to laugh.

"But Kookie we have talked about this-"

"Still Tae... all these people all these expectations... I don't know how to handle this. No one expected me to do anything and now all this... I feel like an idol exposed before the world with everyone staring at me all the time."

"I didn't know this was troubling you. Should we end-"

"Tae listen... I am not saying I don't like this but I don't how to handle it either. I love your parents... trust me but I don't wanna fail them."

"Jungkook... look at all these people. They aren't just someone whom you need to prove something in return for their love and support. Even if you fail, they will still love you. You know why? Because that's what a family does. This is your family too. My parents are your parents just like my hyungs are yours. No matter what happens tomorrow, their opinion about you will remain the same, so stop putting this unnecessary pressure of pleasing them on yourself."

Jungkook remained quiet in Tae's hold for some time. Taehyung knew that Kook was letting his words finally register and he had a big smile on his face once Jungkook straightened himself and looked at him with a new boost of confidence.

The party ended a little early cause Jungkook had to leave early in the morning. Taehyung naturally decided to spend the night at his place and even carried extra clothes so that he could accompany Jungkook to his selection venue tomorrow. Saying his final goodbyes to all the people, Taekook made a quick stop at the Park's mansion where Jimin was already waiting for them by the back door. The moment Jikook saw each other, tears left their eyes. Jimin had nothing to do but to shower his little baby with constant praises and kisses every now and then. After getting a hearty motivational speech from Jimin, Taekook had finally reached the dorms.

Now even though Taehyung had eased Jungkook of all his doubts, he knew that a tinge of nervousness still remained within him somewhere. He didn't want his boyfriend to be that way. Instead he wanted him to have the best sleep in the world tonight so he sighed... and finally decided to put the things he learnt from the videos he received, to use finally.

When Jungkook came out of the shower, he was wearing short-black shorts and drying his wet hair with the towel around his neck. Taehyung immediately put his phone away after setting the alarm and when Jungkook came to sit on the bed, with his back facing him, Tae shifted on the bed until he was kneeling behind Kook. He took the towel from Jungkook's hand startling the other but Jungkook calmed down quickly when Taehyung started drying his hair for him. From his hair, Tae then went to dry his neck and shoulders ad then slowing rubbing his back. He took his chance to lean in and place a small kiss on Jungkook's nape.