Chapter 8

Luke's POV

A deafening beep is what finally encourages me to stand up.

Zoe and her baby could be dying and all I can think is please don't be mine.

As I turn the corner I see Alex crying holding Freya close who is also sobbing and then there's the boys panicking like crazy.

"What happened?" I ask.

"She's not breathing" Alex whispered.

I go up to the window and look, there she is seeming almost peaceful as everyone panics attempting to save her.

"Zoe...I'm sorry" I say under my breath.

"I'm sorry my phone call caused a crash, I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner, I'm sorry I couldn't save you" I continue in a voice only I can hear.

I look at Ashton standing beside me and he pats my back saying.

"There was nothing we could do, it's not your fault" he mumbles clearly hearing what I'd said.

I nod weakly at him and sit down.

I can't take my eyes off her.

Suddenly a blind closes and Alex is banging on the window and all I can see is her outline through thin grey fabric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashton's POV

I look around everyone's sleeping on the hospital chairs.

Quickly I check the time on my phone.

1 am.

I get up and walk around the hospital knowing I can't just sit there all night.

I don't know where anything is and everything looked the same white corridor after white corridor after white corridor.

Suddenly a loud ring lights my phone up.

"Hello?" I say through the line.

"Hey, where were you tonight?" I soft voice asks down the line.

I had plans to meet up with an old friend.

"Shoot, look I'm sorry Soph I had-"

"Forget it, it wasn't important anyway" she hung up blatantly mad.

Just as I was about to ring back to apologise she text me.

Tomorrow night my place k?

I smiled relief spreading through my body.

Except from my boys she was my best friend and I couldn't afford to lose her.

"Ash!" Michael exclaimed running down the corridor.

"What?" I said rubbing my eyes from lack of sleep.

"She's awake, Zoe's awake" he shouted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zoe's POV

I groaned wearily opening my eyes where the hell was?

I stepped out over estimating my stability.

I let out a short scream and fell to the floor.

Suddenly a figure rushed in, the least expected person.

Luke.

"Zoe?" He questioned.

I nod trying to crawl back up but suddenly becoming a little short of breath and collapsing to the floor again.

"Where am I?" I mumble as he swoops me up in his arms and drops me gently on the bed.

"Hospital"

"Shouldn't you call I doctor or something?" I ask concerned for my own health.

"I will but I want to talk to you first" he looks sincere.

"Fine" I fake a smile desperate for medical attention.

"Don't expect me to say I love you or anything because I barely know you"

"Well thanks for the heads up" I roll my eyes.

"And I can't stop what happened or make you instantly better-"

"This better be good" I warned.

"But I can say sorry" he looks down.

"You already have" I take one of his hands.

"In the car you said I'm sorry, when you were carrying me you said I'm sorry but you don't have to be sorry what happened it was my fault and we both know it"

He grips my hand back.

"What do we do now?" He holds up our hands.

"Way to spoil a moment" I raise an eyebrow.

"Sorry but I hate silence" he shrugs.

"Me to but at the moment I can't get enough of it" I gesture to my pounding head.

"You know what we barely know each other and this silence is a bit awkward, why don't you get a doctor or something" I grin.

As he walks out I hear everyone cheering outside and I take a deep breath as the doors burst open.

Hi sorry if it was rubbish. I know the Sophie character's a little random but she's in there for two reasons one...um...let's just say she knows and two I wanted a character no one really knows (except Ashton)

Lucy x