Chapter 9

Ashton's POV.

The next day flew past in whirlwind of excitement in two weeks and Zoe would be discharged from the hospital.

At around 6pm we were all sent home so Zoe could get some rest.

"Hey I'm going to try and talk to Alex....so don't wait" Calum yelled running after her.

"I'm going to Sophie's" I explained.

Luke and Michael looked at me expectantly.

"Shut up" I hissed walking quickly away.

I hauled a cab and got in telling him the address.

As soon as we arrived I had to stop myself from running to the door this resulted in a demented half skip.

I knocked on the door and it immediately opened and a beautiful brunette pulled me into a hug.

A grin was plastered on her face and she yanked me through the door.

"Ash I've missed you so much" she beamed.

"It's only been a year" I chuckled glad she'd missed me.

"Well a lot can happen in a year" she defended.

"You're accents so cute" I teased.

"Damn it Ashton, you know yours wins" she giggled.

"I'm starting to think you only like me cause of my Australian accent" I joked.

"I'm starting to think you only like me cause of my british accent" she retorted.

She pulled me through into her lounge.

"Oh by the way Ash, Joes coming later" I sigh, another one of her stupid boyfriends that last about a week.

"You could at least be a little happy" she frowns.

"Look Soph, every time I visit you always have a new boyfriend and he only lasts a week causes he's always an idiot." I explain trying to pull her into a hug.

She squirms away.

"Your wrong, this time he's the real deal"

"Go on" I sighed.

"If you'd actually have listened to me you'd realise he's the same guy from last year"

"That must be a record for you" I chuckled.

"Ashton, why do you always have to be such an idiot I love him and I thought you of all people would be happy for me" she looks like she's about to cry.

"Look I'm sorry Soph, okay I just want you to be with the right guy"

He's sitting in your sofa

I think not being able to help it.

"I overreacted I just want you to be happy for me" she smiles.

"Well I'm sure he's great" I fake a smile pulling her onto my lap.

"He is and Ash he really does love me see" she thrusts her hand in front of my face.

Sitting on it is a cheap ring with a fake diamond on top.

"Is that...?" I wince slightly.

"An engagement ring" she nods eagerly.

"Is that the time, I need to go see you later sophie" I say standing up.

"What the hell Ash?"

"What" I hold my hands up in mock surrender.

"Yesterday I waited up all night for you to come you didn't show, when I text you don't even bother replying and now that I finally get you to come you can't wait to get away. Joe was right you are a douchebag" she shouts.

"Sophie..."

"Get out" she mumbles.

Just as I'm about to leave she yells.

"I was about to ask you to give away"

"What about your dad?" I ask

"He...he says I should wait until I find someone I know and love" she sobs.

"I'm sorry-"

"DONT" she yells.

"I need to be alone.