Chapter 8 | Just Our Hands

Kyle rubbed the back of his head, and looked at his gloves, there was no blood (luckily), but it hurt like a mother fucker. His ears began to hurt and as he stood his aching body up, his mind began to feel dizzy and he reached for his ears, clasping his eyes shut in pain. 

          Stan's mouth became dry, no words would come out, "Kyle! Look out!" he yelled at the top of his lungs, trying to draw Kyle's attention. 

          Kyle took his hands off of his ears, the sound was numb through them, but somebody was yelling at him. Was that- Stan?

          The car was racing down the street, did he not see Kyle? Through the ticket of fog, Stan guessed the driver could not and he mind began to race. "Kyle! Get out of the way!" he screamed, still not catching Kyle's attention. 

          Kyle hit the side of his head and looked straight ahead of him, and through the loomed dark fog, he saw the eyes. Yellow, bright, staring him down, did they not see him. 

          He stood in shock, as if his life had turned into a slow motion action movie, his body actions began to slow down, and his mind was blank, he was going to get hit by a car. 

          The petrifying fear filling him to the brim. His feet were weights, his mind was stone. He couldn't move.

          "KYLE!" Stan shouted another time. Kyle gulped, hearing Stan's voice now, by standing in absolute fear and shock. Kyle slowly glanced at Stan one last time. He blinked his eyes. Goodbye