Chapter 16: ...One Beside You...

[🎼...One Beside You...🎼]

KYLE POV:

I looked at the bed and walked closer.

Stan had a line of stitches running down his right cheek. His ebony black hair was messy and stuck up everywhere.

He was wearing a gray and light blue hospital gown, his tattered jeans and ripped sweatshirt no where to be seen.

His face was filled with bruises. He had an IV in his right wrist, where I noticed was filled with tiny bruises. Alighting each side of his wrist.

His left wrist had a white cast and dark Crimson blood caked in with the dirt underneath his finger nails.

He had a cast on his right leg. He had an oxygen mask covering his mouth and nose. The heart monitor beeped and I examined him closer.

His arms and legs were filled with bruises and deep cuts. I sat down next to him in a chair that day next to him.

His eyelids were closed, I couldn't help thinking how perfectly pieceful he looked, lying there in all white.

I rubbed his ebony hair and felt tears rush into my eyes.

"Stan, I'm so sorry. That should have been me" I leaned over and kissed his battered purple cut lips and whispered into his ear.

"I love you Stan Marsh" I bit my lip and leaned over resting on his stomach. I couldn't stand to watch him like this.

What if he never wakes up?
It would be all my fault.
I should be the one lying in a hospital bed.
The one with an IV running out of my arm.
The one who might never wake up.

I burst into tears and cover my head with my hands.
I couldn't stop screaming sobbing.
"Please wake up! WAKE UP YOU BASTARD! I need you! I love you..."

He wouldn't wake up. I would never leave. I will stay by his side forever. No matter what.

I love you