Chapter 7 | Gates Of White

One month later...

          "You guys are like the perfect couple in the whole world" Kenny squealed, walking behind them, watching them hold hands. Don't worry, it had been like this ever since they told him that they were dating. He was like the gay paparazzi. 

          Kyle rolled his eyes in a playful but rude manner "Yes, Kenny, we get it, you have like six hundred photos of us kissing on your phone". 

          Stan cocked his head, and looked back and the blonde "He does?" his head then flipped back to Kyle, who shook his head. 

          Kenny stuck out his tongue "Sorry! Remember when me and Annie got together? it was exactly the same" Kenny put his hands on his hips. 

          "Oi!" Stan laughed, it was true. Kyle and Stan both blushed and muttered a quick thanks.

          "Dude I don't know" Kyle shook his head again "Between the "fanfiction" and the drawings the Asian girls draw and the fan page you made on Instagram" Kyle sighed "I'm a little overwhelmed"

          Cartman snorted, trying to hold back his obvious laughter. 

          Kyle stopped, let go of Stan's hand and took a couple steps towards Cartman "What's so funny Fatman?" he growled in a low tone. 

          "You're overwhelmed?" Cartman laughed again, "You don't know how overwhelmed I am at the god damn Cartman and Butters fanart", Cartman let out a giggle and Stan raised a curious eyebrow. 

          Kyle continued to walk "But you guys are dating right?" Kyle asked, looking back over his shoulder "I mean, if you aren't I don't know how many more times I can catch you guys going to "talk" in the bathroom" Kyle remarked, smirked a little, teasing the short chubby sixteen year old. 

         Cartman didn't blush but furrowed his eyebrows, "You sons of bitches" he barked "We are not dating-" he paused. 

          "But?" Kenny sneaked up behind him. 

         "We're just-" he stuttered. 

         "Just what?" Stan asked. 

          "Sorta..."

          "Sorta what?" Kyle raised the pitch on his voice, looking to get a rise out of the teen. 

          "Screw you guys, I'm gonna..." obviously he didn't want to go home. It didn't seem like he wanted to go home much these days. 

          "Hey Kenny, you going come with us?" Kyle inquired. 

          He nodded, as well, Kenny never wanted to come home "Only if fatass can come" he pointed a thumb back at Cartman, who's attitude seemed to settle slightly. Kenny understood Cartman's pain right now. 

          Kyle rolled his eyes and murmured out what sounded like a butchered version of "Sure". 

          Kyle let go of Stan's hand and sprinted up about eight yards to the edge of the sidewalk. He looked both ways quickly before crossing the street. The street looked almost as if it were made of glass, the snow from the past week had caked the road in ice, nobody wanted to risk driving anywhere. 

          Kyle was in the middle of the street, he shivered, placing out a foot to take his next step. The next couple of seconds, would pass by quickly, it all happened so fast nobody was even sure of what was happening at the time, until it was all over. 

          He placed his brown boot down to take a step. The ice hidden under the illusion, pulled itself into place under his foot. He slid, falling onto his back, groaning. He felt dizzy and the familiar bump on his forehead started the throb. He didn't move, but lay motionless in the icy street. 

          It was almost like his couldn't hear anything, but of course his friends could. "Oh shit! Kyle!" Stan cried out, trotting over to the edge of the sidewalk to help Kyle. As instinct, he looked both ways, Kyle was only sixteen feet away from him. Looking back on it now, if Stan had noticed sooner, none of this would be happening. 

          No cars to his left, he turned his head slowly to his right. There seemed to be no cars. The stormy gray sky was snowing heavily on the secluded mountain town, he could not see. He squinted into the dark afternoon, his eyes widened as a pair of yellow head lights pierced through the fog.