Chapter 44 ...Then I'll Follow You Into the Dark...

The funeral was over. Clyde watched Craig, Shelley, Kenny, Kyle, Randy and Sharon all grip a side of the coffin, wrapping their fingers around the metal side and carry the coffin to his grave and lowering in 6 feet under. 

Kyle stood above the grave, watching the dirt pile on top of the coffin. That was when he knew, he was never going to see Stan again. He was never going to be able to have Stan top for him ever again, he was never going to be able to stare into his dark blue and long eyelashes eyes. He was never going to kiss the small lips of Stan's ever again. 

When the coffin was buried deep in the dirt, everyone began to disperse. Clyde was standing by the grave when he felt somebody tap his shoulder. He jumped and quickly turned around to face a brace faced girl. 

"What do you want Shelley?" Clyde asked curiously. Clyde wondered how one person could be so brave. Her own little brother died and she hasn't even cried a tear. While Clyde, was a huge cry baby, a huge cry baby. 

"Here, you need him more than I do" Shelley looked away and held out what seemed to be the end of the leash. Clyde eyes went wide and he didn't hold out his hand. Shelley bended down and whispered in Sparky's ear "There's your new daddy" she smiled and wiped her eyes, standing up once again. 

Shelley used her finger and pointed in front of Sparky's face, pointing at Clyde. "Go Sparky" she commanded him, reluctantly Sparky looked up at Shelley's face curiously "Go Sparky" she told him again, and Sparky finally stood up and trotted over to Clyde's feet. 

And without saying another word Shelley lifted up off of her knees, dusted the grass off of her pants legs and walked away. Leaving Clyde in shock, holding the leash of Sparky.