Chapter 19: ...Then I'll Follow You Into The Dark...

[🎼...Then I'll Follow You Into The Dark...🎼]

KYLE POV:

A couple hours later the Marsh's had to leave and I stayed sitting in the chair next to his hospital bed.

It was dark outside and I slept until the next day. Peaceful. Dreaming about happiness, joy and life before all of it went to hell.

I jolted awake to hear birds chirping outside. Some figure of hope in this already gloomy room.

It was weird, how peaceful the birds seemed outside so carefree so wild so.... Not a care in the world.

It's funny what shot will happen in your life, one minute your walking to up get brownies with your best friends and the love of your life, and then Stan gets hit by a truck.

All because I couldn't fucking move, I looked down at Stan's mangled body, his stomach heavy up and down. How peaceful his body looked.

I let the tears drop slowly down my cheeks and onto Stan's broken body. I stroked his face with my hand and sniffles, smiling the blurry tars in my eyes.

"I'm sorry Stan" I said softly smiling at him as I stroked his cheek.

"I'm so sorry, I did this to you, I am going to fix you. You are mine, I am never going to let you go Stan. I love you" I cried and I started to sing our song, muttering the lyrics as I stroked his chest softly with my hand.

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

I imagined all the times we had together, our first kiss, all the way back to the first time I ever met him.

"Who are you?" I asked looked down at him, he was playing with a stack of colorful Legos liked up into broken shapes which stuck out sideways and kept falling down.

"I'm Stan" he bravely said and he stood up to face me, he was the same height as me and he smiled at me. "What's your name?" He smiled putting his hand out to shake mine.
"I'm Kyle" I grinned and took his shaking hand.

He brought his hand back and spot on it. "What are you doing?" I asked. He didn't reply he just grinned at me. "Spit on your hand" he said seriously.
I did so and spit on my hand and stuck it out in front of me.

Stan shook it and said to me "Now, we are best friends for life"

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

I held a crying Stan in my arms.
"Why did she break up with me?" He sobbed. I shushed him. "Shhhh shhhh it's okay Stan" I felt my heart break
"Am I ugly? Stupid? Annoying? That's it, fuck me Kyle, fuck my life. I am so stupid" she sobbed.

I felt angry press threw me and I jolted him back.
"Stan! Listen here! I am your super best friend! And don't even listen to what that slut has to say about you! You are amazing and everyone loves you the way you are" I strictly said.

"Thank you Kyle, I love you man" he said, crookedly smiling and he hugged me tight.

"I love you too" I whispered into his ear. Except I meant it more than friends.

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

I walked into Stan room and began to say something but stopped short and I looked at Stan.

I stared in awe and felt tears escape my eyes making their way down my cheeks.
"Why Stan?" Was all I could muster out.

Stan was sitting on the floor holding a bloody blade above his wrist and pressing his deep into his skin on his left wrist. Tears streamed down his face.

"I'm sorry Kyle, I'm so sorry" was all he said and he whimpered letting lone tears travel down his pink dusted cheeks.

"Promis me you will never do this again" I said hugging him and stuffing the blade into my pocket.

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

"Stan I love you, I need you more more than the moon needs the sun"

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you"