eleven

I wake up and check my phone being the first thing I do. 2:00pm. Shit my day is like already gone and now I'm not going to be able to fall asleep tonight and I'm going to be tired as hell tomorrow. Oh well, fuck it.

I then see a text from Ethan appear.

Ethan: Hey got a new phone and uh I was thinking we could re-do our ice cream date?

Emma: Yeah, sure

Ethan: Also you feeling okay?

Emma: Yeah why?

Ethan: Just making sure. I'll pick you up at 8.

For some reason I got butterflies in my stomach and I was super nervous. Hopefully I don't fuck things up this time. I can't believe I did that I still think about it every night.

Hopefully tonight will go smoother. I won't have a fucking panic attack again.

I washed my face and jumped in the shower and throughout the rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about last night and how he came over. How I yelled at him and then told him I liked him and cried into his chest. I realized how much I actually liked him when I was about to lose him. We are not even a fucking couple and I've never felt that fucking destroyed in my life which was probably not a good thing. But I couldn't stop and I liked Ethan. I couldn't lose him. Even if it means just as a friend.

-

Ethan: Hereeee

I grab my phone and shove it in my pocket as I put on some mascara and brush out my hair again one more time.

I run downstairs saying bye to my mom and head outside towards Ethan's car. When I open the door he looks me up and down and looks ahead again.

"Damn." He mumbles.

"What?" I say taking a seat next to him.

"Nothin." He says as he bites his lip.

I take the aux cord and plug it into my phone and start to play my music loudly as we sing all the words to every song. Just like last time.

We arrive at the ice cream place which wasn't crowded at all surprisingly and I get birthday cake and Ethan gets Superman just like last time.

We take a seat at the same table and talk with each other for awhile.

"How the hell did you break your phone?" I ask him and start to laugh.

"Well I was pissed off and threw my phone and the floor." He says with a smile.

That fucking smile I don't know how he does it but every time I get butterflies and can't help myself but stare. He's perfect.

"You really need to work on eye contact emma." Ethan says as he laughs.

"Shut up. You know you have a great smile?" I ask him making his cheeks turn red.

"You too." He says back.

We finish our ice cream and head back into his car.

"Should I take you home now?" Ethan asks me before I turn on the music.

"No I want to be with you. Just don't take me to that hill." I say smiling at him.

"I think I know a place." He says with a smirk and begins to drive.

He grabs my hand and squeezes it as we drive and sing along to the songs in the car. It was a good fucking feeling. Ethan made me happy and I couldn't lose the happiness he brought me. But I was scared of the sadness he could give me.