twenty eight

i wake up feeling much better, thank god. i check my phone to see i had a minute before my alarm goes off. great.

i turn off my alarm i had set and scroll through twitter before dragging myself out of bed. i honestly could have stayed home if i wanted but like i can't afford to miss more school.

i throw on a hoodie and black joggers before putting my hair into a loose braid. i put some concealer on my concerning eye bags and little mascara just so i don't look like i actually am dying.

"good morning emma! i should get a call today letting me know about the job!" my mom said excitedly handing me a plate of eggs and bacon.

"also i'm guessing your feeling better? considering you got dressed and did your hair?" my mom then asks as i sit down at the counter.

"yeah luckily" i say poking at the eggs with my fork.

her eggs tasted like ass but she is so excited right now i didn't want to ruin it.

"i also made your coffee just how you like it! no sugar and extra almond milk." she says handing me the iced coffee.

i take it and take a sip knowing that ethan was going to get me one anyways. he has everyday sense he started picking me up and he's going to be broke soon i swear.

i take a sip and it was disgusting.

"mom what's in this?" i say barley managing to swallow it.

"what you put in it everyday?" my mom then says grabbing the cup for herself to take a sip.

"your right that's gross." she says taking the cup and emptying the coffee into the sink.

"and it smells." she says washing it down the drain.

we both laugh before i hear ethan's car horn outside.

"okay cya mom and i'm praying that the phone call will be good news!" i say closing the door behind me.

i walk over to ethan's car and he looked tired.

"hey baby." he says pecking my lips.

"hey you okay?" i say pulling away.

"yeah just tried." he says looking at the coffee for me in his cup holder.

"wait your not getting sick right?" i say to him slapping his shoulder playfully.

"no" he says laughing.

"now drink your coffee i payed $6 for." he says handing me it.

"$6? everyday? ethan." i say to him taking a sip of the overpriced drink.

all he did was shrug and turn up the music.

it was definitely better then the coffee my mom made me earlier though.

-

we finally arrive at school where we walk into the more then usual crowded hallways.

"you know who is sick though?" ethan says over the obnoxiously loud kids around us.

"who?" i ask.

"grayson" he says rolling his eyes.

"sick of ellie." i scoff as i see her with hannah talking.