thirty three

i hear a light knock at my door. i knew right away it was ethan who i decided to invite over because my parents were both gone.

i walk down the stairs to go answer the door where i see his perfect hair pushed up and his dark brown eyes staring into mine.

"you gonna let me in or just stand there?" ethan asks making himself laugh.

"shutup." i mumble finally stepping out of the doorway to allow him to enter.

"okay i made an appointment with a doctor who's going to tell us what's up." ethan then says as we walk to the kitchen.

"what? i don't wanna go to the doctor eth. it's nothing." i say back not wanting to go to the doctors at all.

"i know you don't wanna go emma but you have been throwing up having no appetite and not even being able to go to school. somethings up." he says seriously now.

"fine." i reply to him.

him saying all those things did make me realize it was kind of serious.

"we have to leave in a half hour okay?" ethan asks opening my cabinet.

"yeah" i mumble back with a little annoyance in my voice.

the doctor isn't going to do shit i already know it.

ethan started spreading peanut butter onto bread where he made two peanut butter sandwiches.

"no jelly?" i ask as he takes a bite.

"no that's gross. here i made you one." he says pushing the other one he made over to me.

"i'm not hungry. and if i was a peanut butter sandwich would not be my first choice." i say laughing to myself.

"emmmma you need to eat. you can't survive off just coffee?" ethan says it like a question.

i'm not even drinking coffee actually but he doesn't need to know that.

"fine. put some jelly on it and i'll take a bite." i say to him.

he runs over and grabs the plate like he's a little kid.

"actually i don't want that. kinda gross. can you grab the dino nuggets from the freezer?" i say which actually sounded really good.

he takes a bite of what was supposed to be my sandwich before throwing it away and grabbing the nuggets from the freezer.

"vegetarian? emma these are going to be ass." ethan says glancing at me.

"some dinosaurs were herbivores" i say making him roll his eyes.

i laughed at how stupid that joke was and how he rolled his eyes.

"i wouldn't know other wise." i say shrugging my shoulders.

"what?! you've never had regular chicken nuggets. oh i'm taking you soon." he says to me laughing.

"mmmm" i mumble back to him.

he puts them on a plate and into the microwave knowing we didn't have enough time to use the oven.

"here" ethan says handing the plate to me.

i take a bite of one and i was expecting a lot better. they don't sound as good as they did 10 minutes ago not gonna lie but i know ethan would be pissed.

i take one more bite before i check my phone.

"ethan we are going to be late to your little appointment" i say to him.

"fuck! your right let's go." he says quickly.

i follow him out the door not bothering to lock it. he gets in the car quickly and i stall a little
letting him know i really didn't wanna go.