twenty one

"It was my fault I told hannah who told Graham." I say disappointment in my voice.

"Emma no it was not. This was Graysons fault for fucking and admitting his feelings for a girl who was dating someone This is not your fault okay?" He says to me.

"Okay." I say softly.

there was a moment of silence between us as we stood behind the empty bleachers. i didn't know what to say. i felt like i caused this all.

"emma i'm serious none of this is your fault okay?" ethan then says again.

"why didn't you help grayson and join in like you usually do?" i then blurt our not even meaning too.

"because grayson was in the wrong this time." ethan says plainly.

i don't say anything and continue to look down at the ground.

"look at me beautiful." ethan then says lifting up my chin forcing me to look at him.

"your amazing okay? they will all work it out. everything will work itself out." ethan says which made me feel a little better.

i faked a smile before he kissed my lips quickly but i still felt guilty for it all.

"now come on let's go to class." ethan says breaking the kiss.

i didn't want him to stop. his lips on mine made me feel so much better about this all. just ethan being here made this better.

i nod as we walk out of the gym and towards my class. i knew i wouldn't be able to keep my head straight in class after everything but i can't leave school now with two periods left in the day.

i arrive to the classroom and sit in my desk as i rest my head against my hand watching the clock not listening to a word my teacher was saying.

the final bell rings after a long day and i leave the classroom to see ethan waiting for me.

"hey." i say to him.

"hey." he says back with the same energy.

tired energy.

"grayson go home?" i then ask him as we walk towards the doors.

"nope still here in the office with graham." ethan replies as we walk through the crowded hallways.

"my parents are pissed off. they are making them talk to graham parents along with graham and grayson in a separate room. they wanted me to go to so they can address the fights we have been in lately but i'm not going to that shit." ethan says pushing the door open.

"i guess." i say back bluntly.

"you still arnt thinking about how this is your fault right?" ethan asks unlocking his car.

"no just tired sorry." i lie getting into the passenger seat.

"little coffee date?" ethan then asks me.

"i got homework." i say which isn't a lie but i honestly just wanted to talk to hannah and ellie.

"i can come over?" ethan offers.

"i won't get shit done if my hot ass boyfriend is laying on my bed with me while i try and study dumbass." i say making him laugh.

"fine." he pouts after he finishes laughing.

we drive back home as we scream throwback songs that play on the radio. the first time sense graham and ellie everything left my mind for a while and all i could focus on was ethan's hand tangled with mine as we sing the songs.