EIGHT , A DILEMMA

THE JEEP PULLED UP AT ONTO THE MCCALL DRIVEWAY A FEW HOURS LATER, JUST IN TIME TO SEE THE FRONT DOOR FLY OPEN AND A FIGURE RUN OUT AS IF THE HOUSE WAS ON FIRE

THE JEEP PULLED UP AT ONTO THE MCCALL DRIVEWAY A FEW HOURS LATER, JUST IN TIME TO SEE THE FRONT DOOR FLY OPEN AND A FIGURE RUN OUT AS IF THE HOUSE WAS ON FIRE. Exchanging confused glances, Harper and Stiles both rushed to get out of the car before running up to the front door, which was still opening and closing in the night's breeze.

Scott and Isaac sat up on the floor right inside it, both holding one of each's foot and looking equally as horrified. Stiles' hand went to his head and he furrowed his eyebrows, struggling to comprehend what was going on.

"What the hell is this?" He exclaimed, waving his hand at the two of them before jerking his thumb backwards, "and who the hell was that?"

The alpha shook his head, closing his eyes briefly, "Liam."

"Liam Dunbar?" Harper cried, baffled, "why was he here?"

"It's a long story..." Isaac scratched the back of his neck.

"Spill."

The four teenagers went up to Scott's room, Harper immediately noticing a smashed chair from the kitchen laying across the floor. Stray pieces of duct tape also littered the carpet, leading Harper to guess what had happened.

"Please don't tell me you kidnapped him," she assumed, gesturing to the mess.

Stiles had to pause to stop himself from tripping over the heap of wood when he noticed it, quickly holding his hands out for balance before glaring at Scott for answers.

Huffing, their best friend sat down on his own bed, his head in his hands as he nodded regretfully.

"You kidnapped him, Scott!?" Stiles couldn't believe what he was hearing, or maybe he could, "why the hell d'you kidnap him?"

"Because I bit him."

A heavy silence filled the room, Harper and Stiles glancing at each other again. A million and one scenarios played in the small brunette's brain, and yet not a single one came up with a logical reason to why Scott would have bitten Liam, especially after what the Calaveras had threatened him with.

"You bit him," she repeated breathily, "why?"

"Sean got him," Scott began to explain, "he took him to the top of the hospital roof, he was trying to eat him. Anyway, it somehow ended with Liam hanging over the edge. I was holding onto him, trying to pull him back over, but with Sean trying to attack me, it was hard. It ended with me having to use my teeth to hold him up, otherwise, we would have both died."