Chapter 19

Iwaizumi laid on his bed,  staring at the ceiling for already an hour.  After eating together with Hanamaki and Matsukawa he decided to go home. 

Does he still love me?  What if he already found someone else. 

He blinked and sat up.  He looked around his now empty room that was once he shared with Sanae and that was once full of Sanae's things.  As he scanned the room his eyes stopped at the top of the cabinet where a box is placed.  He tilted his head as he stared at the box, trying to remember it.

"Maybe Sanae forgot this? " He said and stood up.  He reached for the box and removed the dust before opening it.  He opened it and inside the large box are his things from high school. There are notebooks, full of volleyball notes, some have drawings of Godzilla. There is also his Uniform from Aoba Josai , a photobook, and a little box with all the paper hearts that he collected. 

"Ah, right these are my things. " He went back to his bed and looked at the things filled with memories from his high school life. He took the paper hearts. These are the letters that he received during his high school life, sometimes if not letters, the sender put inspirational quotes.

One thing that he's confused of is the messages are printed instead of being handwritten. If not printed, the sender uses letters from different magazines. He also never caught the person who keeps on putting the paper hearts on his locker. 

Iwaizumi picked one, it was dated back on his birthday during his 2nd year in high school. 

0610 

TODAY IS YOUR SPECIAL DAY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY IWAIZUMI. I WISH THAT YOU WILL FIND HAPPINESS, I WISH FOR YOUR GOOD HEALTH AND SUCCESS IN SCHOOL AND VOLLEYBALL. I...love you. :) 

"Who are you?" He asked as if the paper would give him an answer. 

He sighed and folded the paper then proceed to read another one. 

0824 

Thank you for lifting up my mood once again, you're always there to lift up my mood even though you're also hurting. You always know how to cheer me up. I don't even know what I would do if you're not here. Thank you. Thank you so much.

"August, this one is after the interhigh,after we lost to Shiratorizawa." He stared at the letter. Read it once again. "Sender sounds like we're really close. Is sender one of my teammates?"

He took one of his notebook and another paper heart fell. 

"I haven't read this one. This was dated back on our graduation." 

0325

Hey, WE'RE FINALLY A HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE! Congratulations on graduating ! Thank you for everything, for being there when I need someone, for always cheering me especially when I feel down. I'm sorry for not speaking to you personally, you must still be thinking of who keeps on giving you these letters huh....... I'm just scared...scared that if you will know who I am,you will be disgusted. I don't want to ruin our friendship. "I like you so much" I want to say those words personally, but I'm scared, maybe I'll say it to you one day if I have the courage . :) . 

 Good luck with your University life, it kinda saddens me that we will not going to attend the same university though. :( . Again..... CONGRATULATIONS ON FINALLY GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL!!  

I love you!

After reading the letter, realization hit him. HARD .

"Oikawa. He was the one sending me letters all this fucking time and I did not noticed it." He covered his face and let out a groan. "This is so frustrating, there were hints, Why didn't I notice it? Oh my god, how can you be so fucking stupid and dense Hajime!" He covered his face and groaned.