Chapter 34

The last time Ushijima got the chance to talk to Tendou was two days ago after the bathroom incident and after that he rarely see Tendou outside his room, every time he wakes up Tendou already went out and when he arrives from his job he always found Tendou already sleeping. It's clear that Tendou is avoiding him  and it's  making him uncomfortable because this is the longest that Tendou did not talk to him.

Today Ushijima decided to go home early today so that he can talk to Tendou, hoping that it will make everything okay again. He dropped by the supermarket to buy something for dinner first, when he arrived at his place he put his things on the sofa and went directly to the kitchen, he rolled up his sleeves and started washing the vegetables and the other ingredients. He spent half an hour in preparing their dinner and also the table. He carefully set down the chocolate-ice cream cake that he personally bake this time. When everything is prepared he took a quick shower and put on his normal clothes and sat on his chair, waiting for Tendou to arrive. While he's waiting he suddenly remembered  how soft Tendou's lips felt when he kissed him, how sexy he sounds while moaning his name and how sexy he looked while touching himself , but before everything worsen because of his thoughts he shook his head and slapped his face. No, stop imagining him.

"Wakatoshi-kun what are you doing?"  Tendou asked when he saw Ushijima slapped his own face.

Ushijima blinked . " No! Nothing." He said looking down making sure that he doesn't have any hard on before standing up. "Welcome back Tendou." 

"Uhm. Yeah... I'll go to my room now." Tendou said,but before he can walk away he was stopped by Ushijima. 

" I prepared dinner for us." Ushijima said pointing at the table. "I wan't to eat together with you."

Tendou looked at the table and all the foods that Ushijima prepared. "You cooked all of these?" He asked. 

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I also made the cake, I prepared all of these." He looked at Tendou. "These are all for you." he said softly with a smile.

FUCK. Tendou internally screamed when Ushijima smiled at him. 

"So, will you eat dinner with me?"

THIS IS COUNTED AS A DINNER DATE RIGHT?!

Tendou cleared his throat. "Okay, since you prepared all of these." he said calmly and sat on his chair. 

After giving thanks , Ushijima served Tendou the foods that he prepared. They ate quietly . 

"How's the food?"

"Hmm, it's okay."

"Ohh."

"I'm just kidding, of course it's delicious."

Ushijima smiled. 

When they finished eating Ushijima took a deep breath. 

"Tendou..."

"Wakatoshi-kun, if you're going to talk about what happened, let's just forget it."

"But..."

"I don't want to talk about it Wakatoshi-kun." Tendou said and took a slice of  cake. 

"No, I wan't to make things clear. I never really wanted to kiss you that time." What are you saying Ushijima?

Tendou looked at him "Of course because the only person you wanted to kiss is Oikawa."

"Why did you brought up Oikawa? That's not what I wanted to say Tendou."

"Why? Am I wrong? you don't wan't to kiss me because I am not Oikawa, the only person you would kiss is Oikawa, just admit it."

"Tendou just listen to me." Ushijima said.

"No need to explain, I know it's because of the mood. I'm really sorry for doing that kind of thing while calling your name. " Tendou put down his fork. "Thank you for the foods and the cake, it's delicious." he said standing up.

Ushijima grabbed Tendou's arm. "Tendou wait, why are you like this?suddenly getting mad at me. Please tell me the reason , I wouldn't know if you won't tell me." 

"It's better if you won't know the reason Wakatoshi-kun." Tendou said removing Ushijima's grip on his hand and quickly went inside his room leaving Ushijima more confused. He run his fingers through his hair as he let out a groan. These past days he never really understood why Tendou is acting like this. 

Ushijima knocked at Tendou's door. "Tendou let's talk, please, let's clear things out."

There's no response. Ushijima sighed and sat on the floor with his back resting on the door. "Please Tendou, I need to know why you're acting like this, it's frustrating me that we always argue with each other and I don't know the reason behind it." he said closing his eyes, thinking about the possible reasons why Tendou is mad at him. 

Tendou is sitting on the floor and also leaning his back on the door.

"Tendou do you like me?" Ushijima asked out of nowhere .

Tendou gasped when he heard Ushijima's question and he started to panic. 

"Tendou please, let's talk."

After a few minutes, Tendou opened the door and let Ushijima in. He is sitting on his bed while Ushijima is sitting on the floor. 

"Do you perhaps like me Tendou?" Ushijima asked again. 

Tendou sighed. "Yes, I have feeling for you Wakatoshi-kun."

When Ushijima heard his answer everything became clear to him. "So you're jealous? But you're the one who said that I should make my move."

"Of course I would give you that advice, what do you expect me to say? I am not selfish Wakatoshi-kun, I am just your friend, a friend who secretly loves you and would do anything to make you happy so of course I cheered for you."

"But why?"

"Why? because I love you, I don't want to force myself to you knowing that you already have someone you love." He said. "I thought keeping our friendship and being close to you like this is enough but I was wrong, it was never enough and I let my jealousy consume me." Tendou said not looking at Ushijima. "I'm really sorry for suddenly getting mad at you, for doing that thing."

"No, please don't say sorry. I should be the one telling you that. I never noticed that I was hurting you, I'm really sorry."

Tendou shook his head. "This is my own decision to continue loving you even though I already knew that you loved someone else that's why you should not say sorry. You never did anything wrong Wakatoshi-kun." 

Tendou noticed that Ushijima looked so worried ." Hey, hey, there's no need to be sad." He said pulling Ushijima , making him sit on the bed. " This is not your fault okay? This is my own choice, I'm the one causing pain on my own self." Tendou his his own emotion with a grin. "If you continue to look like that I'll get mad at you." He said giving Uhsijima a hug. 

 "Okay." Uhsijima said as he hugged him back. "Tendou thank you for telling me your feelings, but .." 

"Don't continue." Tendou whispered and stopped hugging him.

 He took a deep breath and clapped his hand. "Let's forget everything  that happened and I hope that this conversation won't ruin our friendship. " 

Ushijima nodded. "We're okay now?"

"Of course! we're okay now, everything is clear. Thank you so much for the dinner." Tendou said. 

Ushijima got up. "Okay then, thank you too Tendou. " He said before going out from Tendou's room.

Tendou nodded. "It's already 9 o'clock Wakatoshi-kun you still have work tomorrow, we should sleep now."

"Hmm, Goodnight Tendou."

"Goodnight too."

When Ushijima closed the door Tendou dropped on the floor, covering his face as he cried. Ushijima went inside his room and lay on his bed, he tried to sleep but he can't because he is still thinking about all the things that Tendou told him.  Can he really forget what Tendou told him?