Chapter 18

Mathew Point Of View.

I think dez and Austin would be very cute together. I feel bad that I bullied Dez a while back. He didn't even deserve it. I'm glad we moved past it.

I'm gonna talk to Austin. I need to see if he even thinks of Dez in a more than friendly way. I walk over to him.

"Hey Austin"

"Oh hey" he says and smiles.

"So .. Do you like anyone?" I add with a wink.

"Haha well I have a girlfriend" when he says that my heart sinks.

"Oh, what's her name?" I say a bit irritated.

"Kira Starr" he says like a smug little ass.

"Oh-" I get cut off by some tanned girl.

"You called babe?" The girl says and kisses Austin's cheek. I guess this is Kira.

"Oh no I didn't , but hey this is Mathew, he's Dez's cousin" Austin says.

"EW! You mean dez the freak? How can they be related? I mean Mathew, your all sexy, while dez is ... Ugh stupid." She says disgusted. That bitch.

"At least I don't go to strip clubs like you probably do you whore" I snap. Austin suddenly punches me.

"You do not talk about her that way" he says. What the hell. Isn't he supposed to be sticking up for dez?

"I thought you were friends with Dez! Shouldn't you be defending him?" I yell. Now a crowd is starting to form, and Dez is standing behind Austin waiting for his answer.

"Why would I be friends with that freak?" He says coldly. Dez looks like he's about to break into tears.

"Look behind you. I hope you made the right choice by saying that" he turns around and his eyes widen.

Dez turns around and runs outside. I gotta get him. I see trish and ally follow him and I follow them.

"Dez!" I yell. But he doesn't stop running.

"Dez!" Ally and trish yell. He finally turns around with tears going down his face.

"What?" His voice sounds so broken.

"Dez, you know, you don't deserve that smug little bitch. You can find way better. Let's go back into school and show everyone you are the stronger person" I say to him and smile a little. He seems unsure .

"Fine" he agrees and looks in his backpack for something.

"I can't believe Austin would go that low" ally says.

"Does he bully you too?" I ask.

"Oh yeah he does. He and his fucking girl friend push her around and say she's ugly but then when they're alone , Austin apologies and say he doesn't mean it." Trish says in a cold tone.

"Wow" I say shocked. When I look at dez he's wearing black sunglasses and lighting up a smoke.

"I didn't know you smoked" me ally and trish say at the same time.

"Well, I guess you don't know me that well. C'mon let's just go" he says and inhales his smoke.

"What brand you got?" I ask.

"Maverick"

"Gimme." I smoke as much as 5 cigarets a day.

"Sure" he smokes and gives me and lights it.

"Thanks" I say and inhale. God this stuff is heaven.

"Guys smoking is bad" ally says.

"Well I smoke to die , ally" dez says. (A/N- anyone know that quote from Looking for Alaska by John Green?)

"Oh" ally says

"Looks like we're back at the school guys" I say annoyed.

"Can I just please kick Austin's ass?" Trish asks.

"No. He will get what he deserves sooner or later" ally says. Dez just shrugs and throws his smoke into the street and I do the same.

"See you guys at lunch?" I ask hopeful.

They all nod and he head our seperate ways.