•1•

"Hey mom!?" You yelled, hoping she'd hear you.

"Yes Y/n?"

"What are we having for dinner because I'm starving." You said, walking down the stairs to go to the kitchen. "Um..take out?" She asked, turning towards you.

"Sure, but can it be Mexican, we haven't had that in ages." You said, looking at her with a questionable look.

"I mean, it can be whatever you want, but make sure you know what you want before I call them." She told you, turning back towards the microwave.

"You know my regular order. Just get that." You said, walking to the couch. You clicked on the tv, turning on the news. Then you got reminded of something.

"Wait.....isn't today choosing day?" You asked her, making your mother tense up.

"Yes, you know every choosing day is the first day of 5 months. But you just turned 18 in sure your name won't even show up in their goblet." You mom said wearily.

The 1st day of every 5 months is when 10 girls get chosen to go serve the kings of our world. You have to be 18-20, no older or younger. It honestly was the scariest thing for parents, but it was the rules. If you were to hide your son or daughter, you'd be sent to their prisons.

"I'm sure it won't, I was just wondering. I mean Mia turned 18 last month, I just don't what her to be chosen either, she's my best friend." You said, turning up the tv.

"I understand, I'm worried for her too, but it's a small chance that you guys would get chosen."

"Whatever." You said smiling at her for reassurance.

Your mother walked over to the couch, plopping down beside you.

As soon as she got comfortable, there was two loud knocks at the door.

"Could you please get it, I just sat down." She said. "Of course." You told her, pushing yourself up from the couch.

As you were making your way over to the door, there was another two knocks, sounding more impatient. "Give me a second." You shouted, unlocking the door.

Once you opened it, you saw a very average looking man.

"Who are you?" You asked politely, looking the man up and down

"Who are you?" You asked politely, looking the man up and down. I mean, can you blame yourself? It is a stranger at your door.

"Are you Y/n L/n?" He asked in a serious voice, completely ignoring your question.

"Um no, you have the wrong house." You said. You mother always told you if someone came to the house looking for you and not her, always tell them that they have the wrong house.

"Then why are you in the L/n's house? You a friend?" He asked, looking suspicious.

"I think we're done talking here." You said, closing the door, but he stopped it with his hands.