KAYLEY

And so, here I was tied up at the back of a van, tears rolling down my cheeks wondering what in the heavens I had done wrong. Not only was I afraid, but I could barely move my limbs. I could hear voices around me but I couldn't make out their words.

After about what seemed like forever, the van finally pulled over and I felt two hands grab me - one by the feet the other by the hands, as they carried me out of the van. Before I realized I was tossed onto the floor and my body screaming with pain.

"oh, look who finally decided to grace us with her presence" one voice said with disgust as I begun to move and slowly open my eyes.
"Tie her up on a chair, we are gonna send a video of his little girl with us. Maybe that would teach him not to mess with us"
That's when I knew that it had to be one of  the gangs, whose leader my dad had put in jail.

You see my dad was a lawyer. But not your ordinary lawyer- my dad felt that it was his duty to put bad guys behind bars for life. So he went around looking for the most obscure cases that most lawyers were afraid to take on and he would pour all his time and energy into seeing that the bad guys were given the right judgement.
Even though he was doing a good thing, he was hated by alot of bad people and for that reason we had to keep moving from one place to another because we were always in danger.

No one had ever harmed any of us. At least not until now.

"He is gonna pay for what he did and what better way than with his precious little girl. Turn on the camera. We need to send him a message." Ordered one of the men, who seemed to be the leader.

My blindfold was taken off and I was made to face the camera, gun to my head and a note which read:

'WE NEED YOU TO GET VICTOR RELEASED
OR ELSE YOUR DAUGHTER WOULD SPEND THE REST OF HER LIFE WORKING FOR US.
YOU TAKE WHAT'S OURS SO WE TAKE WHATS YOURS.
YOU HAVE 24 HOURS.
YOU KNOW HOW TO REACH US WHEN YOU ARE READY.  TIMES TICKING'

After reading this to the camera amidst sobs, I was knocked in the head with a gun.

~~~~~•••••~~~~~
When I regained consciousness, I was once again at the back of the van.
"You are a very lucky girl. Your dad knows how to get things done."
The leader guy said to me with a smirk on his face.

I was afraid. I could barely breathe and I was scared for my dad. What had he gotten himself into?

Soon enough we arrived and the leader guy stepped out of the van.

"Bring the girl out" screamed a voice and I was dragged out of the bus.

There, standing with tears in his eyes was dad. He looked really scared and tired. Next to him was the person I was supposed to be swapped with. He had a large scar on his face and very long hair. I wonder what my dad had to do to get him out of jail for me.

After a few exchanges, they handed me to my dad and drove off with their leader.

The joy with which I hugged my dad was undeniable. I was happy to be safe and together we cried our eyes out on our drive home.

This had to be the worst experience of my life.

~~~~~•••~~~~

Few days after my ordeal and I begun having nightmares. There were nights when I would dream that the bad guys had killed my dad and I after we gave them their leader. Other nights, I would dream that they kept me forever because my dad couldn't help me and they made me work for them.

I became depressed. My whole family became depressed. My dad quit his job because he finally realized how much of danger we were in. My mom blamed my dad for what happened to me. I became so afraid to go out alone especially at night, that I would never go out without someone going with me.

I had to go to counselling and little by little I got better. It was not easy but gradually, we begun being a family once again. My dad found another job as an accountant in a good firm, he and my mom finally begun loving each other once they realized that I was healing.

It was only after our healing that my dad finally brought up the discussion of college. He wanted me to attend college away from home. Apparently, a doctor told him that moving away from home would help me heal even better. I protested. A lot! I was still afraid and even though the nightmares had almost stopped happening, I still felt vulnerable and broken. But I agreed anyway.

So, that is why, I ended up at Princeton.

A/N

HAPPY READING.

PLEASE LEAVE A VOTE AND A COMMENT.

NEXT CHAPTER WOULD BE HANSONS' FLASHBACK