**Chapter 33**

Kayley's POV

"Hanson?" I say his name in shock. He looks thinner than I remember, his eyes look sunken and he has really dark circles under his eyes. In short, he looks terrible.
"Kay? What... what are you doing here?" The surprise in his tone is undeniable. I try to convince myself that he is just shocked to see me and it's not really that he doesn't want me here.
"Well, I haven't heard from you in forever so, I..." before i can even finish my sentence, he pulls me in for a hug. The intoxicating smell that i love so much envelopes me and I bury myself  in his embrace.
I can feel all my insecurities begin to disappear.
"I have missed you so much." He whispers in my ears. "Come, lets go inside." With that, we enter the house. I take a seat in the hall and he places a cup of juice before me. He presses his lips together and takes a seat beside me.

"So, wanna tell me what's going on?" I ask with a heavy heart.
"well..." with tearful eyes, he recounts everything that has happened to his dad.
"oh... I am so sorry. He is getting better right?"
"Yeah, he is."
With that, we fall into silence, thinking of what to say next.

"I am sorry." He says abruptly. I stare at him blankly.
"I should have called you back."
"But, why didn't you?"
"Honestly, i don't know why? I got so busy taking care of dad and the only time i was less busy was when i was asleep."
"I understand..." I lean in to him and continue, "... we are in a relationship now and you do not have to go through bad times alone. I care about what's happening to you and I wish that you would be able to tell me what's going on with you."
"You are absolutely right..."
"You had me thinking that you had... you had..." I turn away shyly.
"You thought I was ditching you?"
"Yeah?" I reply, still looking away
"Oh my God Kay. I would never do that. I am so so sorry. I know what it feels like and I am so sorry i made you feel like this. I.. I.." 

"Talk to me Hans." I plead and with that, he tells me all about his ex and how he never heard from her for two months after he walked in on her kissing her ex.
"i am sorry you went through that." I give him a peck on the lips.
"No, i am sorry for putting you through that... and thank you for not hating me."
"Well, I almost did." I giggle trying to lighten the mood.
He looks into my eyes and whispers, "I love you Kay."
"I love you too Hans."
I smile to myself, feeling so happy and content that we had this conversation.

A/n
Happy Reading Fam..