Travis X reader(Soulmate AU)

This one-shot was requested by 

It will be one of those tattoo soulmate AUs because I don't know how to write any other soulmate AUs

(Y/N)'s POV

I was at the volleyball team booth with my friend and team captain, Katelyn. It was my Junior year and her Sophomore year. We've been friends our whole lives. While Katelyn tried recruiting a Freshman girl, I stared disdainfully at my tattoo. Over half of the other kids at the school had found their match. Katelyn included. I was one of the few still searching. Sure, almost all of the Freshman hadn't found anyone, but I was a Junior. My third year of high school, and yet I still hadn't found my match. My tattoo wasn't even extravagant like other people's were. It was just four little words, written out in black. Love comes with Patience. I had hated those words since the year before, because it only marked that I would be alone for longer than others.

"So, how good are you at volleyball?" The girl asked Katelyn.

"Is that a challenge?" Katelyn responded, a competitive fire beginning to burn in her eyes.

"Maybe it is." The girl replied.

Katelyn grabbed her lucky volleyball from under the table. My eyes grew wide when I realized what she was going to do. I grabbed her wrist lightly.

"Katelyn, I don't think this is a good idea. There's too many people around to hit a volleyball indoors." I said anxiously, hoping she would listen.

"Oh, C'mon, (Y/N). You're always telling me I have such good aim. I won't hit anyone." She replied and rolled her eyes. I bit my lip as anxiety threatened to make my heart explode. Katelyn stood to her feet, threw the volleyball in the air, and hit it as hard as she could. The ball went flying across the gym and a loud "OW!" and a thud were heard.

"Katelyn!" I scolded before running out into the crowded middle of the gym trying to find the person who had been hit. I elbowed y way through the crowd until I found a boy with white hair, undoubtedly a Freshman, laying on the floor unconscious. Standing next to him were Garroth, a friend of mine, and a Freshman girl with black hair.

"Oh my Irene! Katelyn is in so much trouble!" I mumbled. Garroth let out a laugh.

"I knew it was probably Katelyn's fault." He said triumphantly.

"Garroth, shut up and get him to the nurse." I said and rolled my eyes.

"Is he gonna be okay?" The girl asked.

"He should be fine. Katelyn's serves aren't THAT lethal. You friends with him?" I asked.

"Yeah. His name's Travis, and I'm Aphmau."

Garroth lifted the boy and was about to leave when I saw that his sleeve had fallen up, and on his arm were the words,

Love comes with patience.

Okay! Thank you all for reading! I think this might be a one-shot that needs a part two! Have a great day my little internet nuggets! Ba byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!