Garroth X Animal lover!Reader: Cats Vs Dogs

Video: Our Cats :3 by TheOdd1sOut

(Pic above is Gabriella. A pic of Sindile will be in the chapter)

(Just pretend that the Sprinkles incident hasn't happened and Garroth doesn't like cats ;-;)

(Y/N)'s POV

I was sitting in my living room with my cat on my lap and my dog at my feet, arguing with my boyfriend about cats and dogs.

"Cats are jerkwads, though!" Garroth insisted.

I rolled my eyes.

"You love Gabriella!" I pointed out.

"That's because Gabriella acts like a dog in a cat's body! She even gets along with Coops." He argued.

He had a German Shepard named Copper, nicknamed Coops. He would bring her over and she'd play with Gabriella, my tortoiseshell cat, and Sindile, my three-legged pit bull, all day.

I absolutely adored both dogs and cats, but Garroth... He was a dog person. Period. He didn't like cats and cats didn't like him. Gabriella was the only exception, and that was because she was a sweet, friendly, loving rescue cat that acted like a dog. She had been living with Pit Bulls being trained for fighting and breeding at a dog fight club. I rescued Sindile at the same time. She had been one of the dogs used for fighting and ended up needing one of her back legs amputated. I named her Sindile because it means "Survivor", and I named my kitty Gabriella because it means "Strong".

 I named her Sindile because it means "Survivor", and I named my kitty Gabriella because it means "Strong"

"There are plenty of cats like that! You just hate cats because you're not good with them!" I huffed.

Garroth groaned. "Most cats are pissy, sensitive, lazy creatures. I just can't stand normal cats."

I sighed angrily and stood up. I was considered to be very cat-like in my temperament.

"I have dishes to wash." I said and walked into the kitchen.

I rolled up my sleeves and got to work, cursing under my breath. I felt extremely insulted and a bit hurt. After about two minutes of muttering and scrubbing plates, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"What do you want?" I asked, making it obvious that I was pissed off.

Garroth rested his chin on my head and held me a bit tighter.

"I love you." He said softly.

"I love you, too." I said angrily, not sounding like I meant it, even though I did.

"I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, Sweetheart." He said and buried his face in my hair.

I couldn't stay mad at him.

My heart melted almost instantly. I dropped the dish I was washing into the sink and leaned back against him.

"I forgive you, Hun." I said quietly before grabbing a towel off of the counter and drying my hands. 

Garroth let go of me before grabbing one hand and leading me back to the couch where my fur babies awaited their Mom's return. We sat down together, his arm around my shoulder.

"I actually came today with something specific to ask you..." Garroth trailed off.

"Hm?" I mumbled and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I was wondering what you think of the idea of getting married one day. Fur babies and all." He replied.

I felt my cheeks heat up as a smile spread across my lips. I had daydreamed many a time about marrying Garroth. We disagreed sometimes, but he was the love of my life.

"Sure. Buttttttttttttttttttt... Those fur babies would have to include a kitty or two." I said with a laugh.

"And then the idea of once married maybe having... Real babies?" He finished hesitantly.

I began blushing even harder but nodded.

"I'd like that. But just remember that as long as we're together, any argument we get in will be like Cats Vs. Dogs."