Garroth X Deaf!Reader(Part 1)

This one... I just wanted to do this one. It takes place in MCD. Enjoy~!

GARROTH'S POV

I was patrolling the outskirts of Phoenix Drop when I spotted a meifwa woman and her dog walking ahead of me, her back facing me. I didn't recognize her or the dog, so I decided I would need to investigate. After all, anyone can be dangerous. I got a little closer before calling out.

"Hey! You there! What are you doing here?!" I yelled.

The woman continued walking, but her dog stopped and turned around.

"MA'AM, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" I yelled, louder this time.

The dog began to paw at the woman's legs, and she bent down and pet the dog in response. I was getting sort of annoyed. I jogged all the way up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. She stood and turned around, drawing her sword in the process. She held it up in defense as a look of slight fear filled her eyes.

"What do you want?!" She asked and narrowed her eyes.

"What are you? Deaf?!" I questioned and she rolled her eyes.

"Yes. I am. What do you want?" She looked like she was starting to get pissed.

I was sort of embarrassed that I had been so rude. But I was also super confused.

"How do you know what I'm saying then? And how can you talk?"

She rolled her eyes again.

"It's called being able to read lips. And I went deaf after I had learned to talk. I'll say it one more time before you lose your head, what do you want?"

"I'm a guard of Lady Aphmau. You're on the outskirts of Phoenix Drop. I just wanted to make sure you weren't an unsavory character." I explained.

She sheathed her sword and motioned to the dog, which had been defensive as well, to stand down.

"I'm sorry for threatening you, then. I was on my way to Phoenix Drop, but I got lost on the way. Do you know where Kawaii~Chan lives? Or maybe you know her husband Dante, and not her? She's my Aunt. I believe she is close with Lady Aphmau." She asked, moving some hair out of her eyes.

"Yes. I'll take you to her. Where are you from?" I asked, leading her towards Phoenix Drop.

I made sure to keep my head turned towards her so that she could read my lips.

"Not really from any place in particular. I guess you could say Okasis since that was the village closest to our house in the middle of the forest. What's your name?" 

"I'm Garroth Ro'meave."

"Ro'meave as in Okasis?"

"Yeah... I sort of wish it wasn't though."

She looked away, an angered expression making it's way to her face. I started to ask what was wrong, but then remembered that she wouldn't understand unless she could see my lips. I tapped her shoulder and she turned to me, grimacing.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Okasis is the reason I'm deaf." She said.